Toxic coworkers

Most of my triggers to drink come from one toxic narcassist coworker. I’ve done my best to stand my ground, protect myself and distanced myself as much as I can. So much stress tho even though I engage in limited work conversations. I just wish coworker would move on somewhere else. Alcohol has always been the out for me. Day 26 sober for me.

5 Likes

The serenity prayer… You cannot change this co worker you can only change the way in which you react to them. Don’t let them rent so much of your headspace they are not worthy!! :smirk::slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Thank you! Needed to hear this.

I find people like that are not happy with themselves. This person may have a problem with alcohol but can’t admit it and this is their way of avoiding their own issues. Distance yourself as much as possible and don’t engage. This person is not worthy of your time. Stay strong. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you. And I agree. Sad to see someone struggle, but nothing I can change. Gotta focus on work and what is best for me.

Ugh. I hate that. I had a co-worker who used to brag about how I’d never be able to afford Hamilton Tickets 2 or 3 summers ago because she ‘signed my paychecks’…then BOOM Disney+. Now i’ve got it memorized and I’m using the account my mom created for my siblings. Lol she was an awful person, and a trigger to my drinking as well. I hope it all works out for you. Keep ya head up.