Tragedies in 1000 Oaks

Hey guys It’s been the CRAZIEST last day and a half. I live and work only a few miles from the borderline bar that was shot up, 12 people were killed. I went to work completely devistated, I use to go dance and drink at that bar! Then hours later, the first of many fires broke out in around the same area, in a matter of minutes it was right outside my work. Over 75,000 people in LA and Ventura County have been evacuated. There are numerous fires and zero containment, people are losing their homes. It’s just been CRAZY.

13 Likes

I’m in southern California too… It’s completely devastating and tragic. Sounds like you are much closer than me, I’m very sorry :frowning:

1 Like

My brother is in Cali and I’m always worried about him out there. Thoughts and prayers have been with all involved for days, so heartbreaking!!

1 Like

Tragic. I hope your home and work remain safe.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this!! Had no idea!!

1 Like

Stay safe, friends :two_hearts:

2 Likes

It was on the news here in the Netherlands. Sorry to hear your in the middle of it.
Stay save and sober.
:facepunch:

1 Like

Yeah it’s been bothering me too. It’s been devastating hearing about all that loss, I’m sure it’s a whole different level living through it.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this! That’s horrible. Hope u r ok! Stay safe…

1 Like

I hope you are doing alright down there. I live up north and yesterday passed a guy in a half-face respirator standing alone on the corner of my town’s busiest intersection with a sign that read something like don’t forget Sgt. Ron Helus. I burst into tears. I hope you and your community are finding ways to heal together. Wishing you peace. @Chantheman14

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words friends! The fires are still very active, and the strong winds don’t help! The firefighters are doing everything they can to contain them and save lives and homes. Fortunately, the fire is away from my home town now, and I’m just really impressed by the community and all the people that reach out to help others in need. It is inspiring and gives hope. Prayers help too. Stay sober and thank you all! Stay safe out there!

3 Likes