Traveling to Cali

Im taking my 16 days of sobriety and traveling to Santa Monica Saturday morning. We are going to be living there for about 6 weeks. I’ve never been sober in Santa Monica. Too many great restaurants and cool bars. Some really good bartenders that make great cocktails too. I’m feeling pretty confident I’ll be able to handle living there without booze. But you never know. My first task will be driving the 8 hours and not rewarding myself with a cold beer and cocktails with dinner at R and D Kitchen. I don’t want to throw my sixteen days down the toilet. Pray I’ll be checking in Sunday on day 17. Or maybe a check in Saturday night. Good thing I’m enjoying soda water and lemon these days. Santa Monica also has a lot of good healthy choices. As a matter of fact I’ve already scheduled a Pilates class and going to a movie with my daughter. I’ll reward myself with a walk on the beach or a reflexology massage or mani pedi. Can’t wait to check back in.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

welcome! im in LA myself. hopefully we get good weather while you’re here :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s got to be better than the below freezing temps and snow here in Flagstaff.

1 Like

Flagstaff AZ. Pretty cold here these days.

1 Like

Catch a meeting as soon as you get there. There are TONS of meetings throughout Southern Cali

3 Likes

Sounds gorgeous. Can’t wait to walk on the beach and get some exercise.

1 Like

Welcome back, L.A. also here, Far East, San Gabriel.

Up and dreading the long ride to Santa Monica. I got 2 incredible devotionals this morning while reading the Bible. Remember I’ve never been sober in SM.

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. (“Alcohol,” my words)

And my other devotional

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Coincidence?? I don’t think so.

“A coincidence is a small miracle when God chooses to remain anonymous”
Albert Einstein

I’m just full of quotes this am.
My God is going to keep me sober today.
:pray::heart:

1 Like