Truth and tough love

Maybe for your skinny lil legs :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I prefer toned and athletic

1 Like

Dude, I have had the wrong therapists for a loooong time if people are getting hugs from them! I think I’ve had the right ones.

Me: “It’s been really hard lately. My brain is all scattered, memory is shit, I’m worrying about what I’m going to be like when Im 80. I’m losing my damn mind!”

My therapist: “MEGAN! STAY FUCKING PRESENT!”

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that simple (generic) coping skill.

12 Likes

I like her

1 Like

Did therapist really swear at you? Fucking awesome!! LOL

3 Likes

30aumw

13 Likes

Oh yeah. I gave her permission to speak to me however she wants to get her point across and keep me sober and sane.

1 Like

I took a screen shot of that to have handy when my brain starts wandering. Loved that guy!

6 Likes

It is perfectly acceptable for your friends to have a few drinks when you go out, even if its to celebrate YOUR birthday! Theyre not the ones with the problem, YOU ARE! They know how to have a few today and then not touch the stuff for a couple months until the next special occasion comes along. Expecting them to not enjoy themselves because of your problem is just letting that selfish “me, me, ME!” attitude we addicts develope continue to control your life. You’re not unique as an active addict and you arent unique as a recovering one either!

5 Likes

I know people that will drink for my birthday, hell they will drink for your bday, or because the day ends in Y. If I hang out with them, I know they are drinking. Normally all this does is reaffirm my sobriety comittment on the occasions I hang out with them. If I don’t want to be the odd man out, I change things up and either have other sober folks go too OR if I truly worry about my sobriety, I don’t go. Either way, my sobriety falls on ME and I can NOT worry about what others do or do not do, just what I do. No matter how much you love them.

2 Likes

30cnvh

8 Likes

Isn’t it such a simple but powerful image!!!

1 Like

Yoda needs to make one for every new comer to the board!! We can start a new thread and tag each new person. LOL

4 Likes

yoda-yolo_o_307181

6 Likes

6 Likes

Lolz. Been there, done that in my first failed marriage to an active alcoholic. Guess how that ended. :joy:

2 Likes

I did an actual snort laugh at this! :joy:

1 Like

There is a guy in my home group who lost his 2 year old son around this time last year. It was a tragic accident and one of the saddest stories I ever heard. Around 11:30 in the morning this guy had to make the decision to take is son off life support. By 12:15 he had walked in to the meeting. He told us what happened and then asked if he could help anyone else. He did the same thing at the 5:30 meeting. And the meetings the next day.

Even in his darkest time he didn’t drink, went straight to a meeting and tried to be of service to others. But hey, you keep drinking bc life’s tough and people are mean. If that man stayed sober you better have a goddamn good excuse not to.

22 Likes

These are the stories that i need to hear. They make me realise that any excuse i have is just that - an excuse. And with the help of my sober network who help me stay connected to my HP, it is possible to get through any situation without a drink or a drug.

4 Likes

I cried the entire meeting when he came in. It was devestating for all of us. Hell, I’m tearing up right now and it’s been a year

5 Likes