Try and try again! Don't stop trying

So, I relapsed again about a week ago . I was 272 days clean and I don’t know what happened. When I seen it, it was over and lost all my will power to just say no. What scares me is the last time I relapsed I had about 6 in a half years under my belt. But I dove back in and took off running for 3 years. Closed the door on my wife, son, job, and everything else you can think of. I put myself on streets and had no care in the world besides on how much I had in my pocket. I do not want to go back to that. I know what I need to do and I know what I keep doing wrong. I will do all the steps (1-12), get a sponsor and go to meetings 4 to 5 night a week. Hell, I would even chair and it feels great giving back. But for some reason, I start gettting that “I got this” complex. I slowly start cutting meetings to 3 times a week, to 2 times a week, to giving up my chair. Then one day just stop working the program completely. It is true. “It works if you work it” and I’m a prime example of that. So now going to kick myself in the ass and get back to it.

9 Likes

Really hope everything goes well for you my friend. That is quite a journey you have had but BIG numbers associated with your periods of sobriety. It is a scary realization that one off day can change it all.

You’re a strong person for stepping up to fight again. Like @Monkey says … You gotta do what you know you have to. Do you mind me asking what habits or actions got you to such big numbers in your sobriety and, again if you don’t mind my asking, what is the current situation with your wife and son?

Sorry to hear of the hardships you have faced. Inspiring to see you come back to take this on again. I wish you the very best of luck my friend. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Habit was iv meth. As for my wife and son, they’re recently back in my life.

1 Like

it’s a slippery slope for sure which most of us have had to try climbing but the winners are the ones who do as your title suggests. OK so we’re not perfect but it’s all progress. Keep fighting the good fight my friend :+1:

2 Likes

Stop trying and do it instead! I know you know but it is what I did and so far it’s working although you’ve come further before as compared to where I am now.

1 Like