Try try again

Hi. I downloaded this app over a month ago. Then two days later went back to daily drinking because I felt better and my stomach didnt hurt. Deleted the app. Then in the last few days of June my symtoms of hypertension were getting to me. Stomach hurt. Heartburn terrible. The heart issues really scared me as my mom died at 41 of alcoholism from severe alcohol detox in the hospital. Her heart just couldnt take it.

So here I am again and its been since July 1st that I stopped this time. Currently at a little over 53 hours. Using vitamins to help with the withdrawl. I hope I can get through this. I am only 3 years younger than when my mom passed.

17 Likes

You’re in a good place with people who understand, have been there before or worse.

1 Like

You can get and stay sober, there are many people here who are living proof that it can happen.

In my opinion the best course of sobriety is action. Get involved in some type of program like SMART recovery, AA, addiction based IOP groups led by a counselor, celebrate recovery. Being in an active program surrounds you with sober people, doing sober things and that are concerned with being sober.

It’d also be useful to see your PCP and get a full check up, with blood tests and such. Be completely open and honest with your Doctor.

I recently visited my dad’s grave, he was comatose after an accident while driving drunk and high. He was 2 months from his 31st birthday, I turned 34 this year. We can change, we are not predestined to follow in our parents footsteps but it takes a lot of work because King Alcohol is a quick fix with immediate results, sobriety doesn’t take effect so quickly and isn’t nearly as easy as pouring a drink, packing a bowl, popping a pill, a needle and a spoon etc etc.

Welcome to the forum, check in daily, read, relate, selfie and enjoy. There is a lot of fun in being sober if you know where and how to look for it.

11 Likes

Thank you for your post.
Working on it. I have off today I would normally be three or four shots in by now and dealing with heartburn and the lack of appetite. But I woke up feeling pretty good. Last night was the first night without cold sweats and any time I woke up I was able to go back to sleep. Heart wasnt pounding out of my chest. brain wasnt racing. No melatonin either. Ate breakfast took my vitamins and keeping myself busy today by cleaning the house that I have neglected for the last 3 years.
Progress 68 hours so far

6 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

You can get through this, if you want to get through this.

“If”.

You can decide to be sober forever, and then be sober forever, if you want to.

“If.”

You can be stronger, faster, healthier, sharper, smarter, happier, if you want to.

“If.”

Kill the “if”. Replace it with “I”. “I want to be…” or better yet, “I WILL BE”.

And then BE!

Get better at getting better, each and every day!

5 Likes

Drinking makes our lives harder, complicates simple tasks to the point of impossibility, and casts a depressive shadow over everything.

I’m proud of you for wanting this for yourself. This is a wonderful place for support.

4 Likes

Whohoo!!! Made it through another day and feel even better. This might end up being one of the best Mondays (edited… Thursday hahaha) Ive had in a long time. 86 hours peeps. Pretty soon I can just count days but Imma wait till I hit 100 hours for that. Have a great day eveyone and stay strong. Will probably be back around lunch time cause thats a… Was a trigger for me.

6 Likes

Feels like a Monday, but it’s Thursday.

You did one day, which means you can do two days, and then three, and then four…

1 Like

Hey Amy.

I’m Octavian, gambling and weed addict.

Throughout my recovery I’ve noticed that only one thing kept me going without gambling or smoking weed. “Only for today” I shall not gamble or smoke any weed. I say this to myself every morning and it has worked so far.

You should try it too. Also, depending on your location, there are a lot of AA meetings and attending one might be the solution for you in this situation

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Oh my god its Thursday. Hahahaha. Thanks

1 Like

It happens. Feels Mondayish. But hey, tomorrow is Friday.

1 Like

Day 5 almost complete. Instead of a liquid lunch… I had this! Aaaaannnnd. I cleared my plate!!!

5 Likes

Well done xxx

So glad you’re here!! It’s so hard in the beginning, especially with bad withdrawal, but I promise you that is temporary.

2 Likes

I’m currently on 48 hours of sobriety I can’t sleep but trying to hang in there taking thiamine and diazepam. Glad you’re doing well Amy you can do this xx

2 Likes

I think I kept my counter in the hours mode until I was around 400! Keep doing what you are doing. Keep checking in here. Read older threads if you have an urge to drink. Remind your self why you want to be sober!

1 Like

I lose count daily on how many times I think of “just one”, but then I remind myself of how I used to feel and how I currently feel.
I used to have no energy, no motivation, stomach aches every morning, heartburn almost all the time and therefor popping tums and pepto, never had a normal bowel movent quite frankly they were embarrasingly explosive, loss of appetite, red faced, looked like a blown up tick, constant memory loss, drunk texts I would regret, pick fights with my son, waste at least ten bucks a day,
Now… None of the above.
I hated all of that and almost every night and definitely every morning I would tell myself “Ive got to stop. Today will be the day I dont drink” and then right out the window went those aspirations.
Now… No need to say of feel any of those thoughts because I did stop. The good feelings so far are outweighing the urges.

Day 6, its a glorious day out. The sun is shining, the weather os perfect and Im thinking of all the things I want to get done today.

2 Likes

Back at it. The relapse lasted five months. This time is a little different and I feel more positive about my success with not drinking. My other half and I got worse together with the booze. However at some point I was trying to cut down while he made up for what I wasnt drinking by consuming it himself. Things got really out of hand. I was dealt a shit ton of unrealistic verbal abuse and I retaliated with honest and hurtful verbal abuse. At times in the last few days of that relapse it bacame physical and I took our teenagers out of the house for a night. That night was my last night drinking. We went home the next day and he insisted on weaning himself down. First night was really rough even though I believe somehow more was drinken than I was led to believe. Second night only a couple fight were attempted but I was sober and in control of the situation. Third night the same. Fourth night (Wednesday) no money left to buy booze. Now no choice cant borrow another penny from anyone and no income till Friday.
This is why I feel a little more positive or optimistic of this time. Especially for me. Not sure if he’ll be ready to stop but I am hopeful.

So heres to my 180th hour without a drink! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

234 hours. Goonight all. Heres to waking up without a hangover on a Monday. :+1:

3 Likes