Trying it one more time

I have tried before but it’s so hard…I hope I get motivated here with all you guys stories.

4 Likes

welcome and do just that, read lots of posts, relate and share. We all have something to offer, wish you well on your journey.

2 Likes

Keep trying. I’ve had one relapse and will probably have others. Don’t be hard on yourself. As long as you keep trying to stay sober, you’re on the right path.

1 Like

Keep trying.

I tried quite a few times, each time a little more desperate than the previous, and eventually I got desperate enough to do anything to get and stay sober and it’s been the best thing, the best gift I honestly ever gave myself.

As a drunk, I was extremely selfish and self serving. As someone in early sobriety I had to be extremely selfish and self serving too… I had to put myself before a lot of things to get my foundation laid. Failed a lot because I thought it would all just get better immediately, well it don’t. It’s not a linear track, it’s got peaks and valleys, so build you a support system, find something simple you like to do that can consume time and always set aside time for you to do it, don’t feel bad about needing your you time.

Read, relate, join in on conversations, try a zoom meeting, make friends, be gentle on yourself for the past actions and most of all DON’T PICK UP. Can’t relapse if you don’t give yourself permission to drink the first drink.

Welcome to the forum friend, walk with us, happy to have you along.

4 Likes

Welcome! Your little boy is adorable!! I wish you the best here; lots of people in the same boat; feel free to ask/talk/or add your opinion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, I can’t count the times I’ve tried to quit. But sometime, maybe this time It’ll be the last time I’m trying because it might succeed. It isn’t to late until you give up.
This forum is awesome, I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like