Trying to beat it

I’m just starting out with trying to beat a codeine addiction, managed a couple of days when I was away with work last week but as soon as I could get my hands on them I was back off the wagon. It seems like my whole life revolves around counting down till my next dose.

2 Likes

There are a lot of threads on here you may find helpful if you search codeine/opiates using the Search function :+1:

Welcome Lee!
My downfall is alcohol, but the fact that it was the focal point for much of my time is the same.
This is a great place for info and support. Definitely read around, jump in, and check in.
We’re glad you are here!

1 Like

Thankyou, I’ll have a look. This app is really helping already

1 Like

Thanks for the support. It’s a great help being on here. I haven’t the courage to face anyone about it but the fact I can come on here and talk is brilliant

2 Likes

I was that was with alcohol. It consumed me 24/7. I could go 1, 2 even 4 days without, but it was always on my mind. If I couldn’t afford it, I’d steal from family for it. I emptied my kids piggy banks, my wife’s $2 bill collection, I pawned heirloom jewelry for it.

I tried to fight my addiction but I couldn’t. I could never win, i said I give up, you win and so I surrendered. As soon as I surrendered to my addiction, I was in a position to receive help, and that help saved my life.

To win the war, you have to surrender the battle. It’s was a hard concept at first, but it was the only way I could do it.

I wish you well!

3 Likes

Thanks, man. That’s what I’m getting my head around now