Trying to breathe

A whole 25 HOURS in and I am a wreck. Massive amounts of anxiety and depression. Still feeling the sick effects (hangover) from the final binge. I can’t stop thinking about quitting. The worst part is how I am realizing (or accepting?) how much drinking was effing with me and how I was living my life to accommodate it. Sitting at work, trying to not to cry, trying to concentrate and worrying “if my coworkers only knew.”

6 Likes

Early days are rough with anxiety. Can you get outside for a short but brisk walk…breathe some fresh air…get your blood moving.

I also find this super helpful…

giphy

5 Likes

Any chance you can get up and go for a walk? Even if you can’t, you’re okay. You are okay. Everything is going to be okay, and everything is now, currently okay. It all gets better from here now, okay? Keep reminding yourself of that.

1 Like

Starting withdrawal I think. Understand that this next day or so is likely to be the worst you’ll feel, and then you will start to feel better. Also, this can be the last time you ever feel this way by your own hand.

Treat yourself like you have the flu. Rest. Hydrate. Eat light but nourishing food. You can get through this. Many of us have.

5 Likes

Very cool. Do you know if this is on an app? I can’t seem to download from my phone

2 Likes

I don’t know. Someone else used to post it here, which is where I copied it from.

2 Likes

once the hangover wears off i think you’ll find a bit of peace. drink loads of water. x

2 Likes

They don’t but we do. You are not alone in this, every emotion you are feeling is part of the healing process and slowly but surely you learn to cope with them. Don’t worry your not going crazy, wait til your alone and do cry, cry until you can’t cry any more, scream at the top of your voice, release it.

2 Likes

Take it one day at a time.
For me, going to meetings and finding sober support really helps with having someone to reach out to when I’m struggling.

1 Like