Trying to clam the storm

THIS! Such wise words!!

2 Likes

Wow, look at you. Read back from your original post to this one and it’s so apparent how much progress you have made. Trust that if you keep being responsible this will work out. Keep the program at the front of your mind, your HP will guide you to the right outcome.

Super proud of you.

3 Likes

That’s so cool, both such worthwhile things that will be making a real difference to people.

That you’re pushing to give the kids access to the dad, despite how he’s treated you, also shows how strong you are. And staying sober through it too. What a great role model.

1 Like

So sorry you are going through this Michelle. Your boys will heal if you give them a stable environment. Stay strong and be there for them with a clear heart & mind. Remaining sober and present for them is so important right now. Hugs to you!

2 Likes

I hope things get better for you. Please don’t keep it in. Vent! Vent! Vent! I completely shut down a few days ago and it was exhausting. I’m so grateful for the people that reached out to me! Sending good vibes your way​:v::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey girl, just now read this. I remember when you were new here and new to sobriety. That lady was a mess! As we all were a mess. You have grown and changed so much more than a lot of people do. I’m glad you are through the rough patch. Just remember, these rough patches come and go. You have the tools, strength, wisdom and attitude to keep going strong! We are here if you need us. I’m here if there is anything I can help you with.

Becoming a recovery coach sounds like a great thing for such a great woman! I have no doubt that you will help so many people through the rough road you so strongly persevered through yourself.

3 Likes

We all know “just one” doesn’t exist.Please hang in there,it can’t be easy but you can fight this WAY better if you stay away from “just one”
All the best #HugsAllAround

3 Likes

:joy::joy: I was a mess, I actually chuckled at that, I couldn’t put together any decent length of sobriety together in the first 3 months I joined. Damn I was so full of excuses, thanks for your support hun, really means alot :hugs:

3 Likes

You got this, Michelle :slight_smile:

I can’t comment further because I don’t have kids and don’t have the situ you have and never have been but given the strength of your presence here and the effort you’ve put into your sobriety, i’m sure you have got this. :slight_smile:

On a lighter note, clams are shit.

4 Likes

:joy: do you mean kalms? Nearly bought them the other day, but I got these instead

3 Likes

I think it’s a typo in the title of this thread:

Trying to clam the storm

Does catch the eye in the thread listing.

6 Likes

You are making progress every day. xo

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: at least I haven’t lost my dippy nature , always misreading into things Haha :grin:

4 Likes

The title had me on a very existential journey of the mind. I would imagine a clam would do quite well in a storm. Snap that shell closed and let the waves roll by.

5 Likes

My thoughts have largely been said by others. No doubt your times are tough at the moment, and no doubt you’re equipped and strong to handle it. Though it’s far from easy, your story holds inspiration for us as well. Keep doing you, and remember storms ease and the sun returns. :slight_smile:

How are you doing today Michelle?

@RedDragon - No I meant clams. No relation to the typo whatsoever.

I’m good, had a mad day cleaning the house, had a meeting and I’m currently sat over my friends house while the ex has the boys at my house, only another 2.5hrs before I go back

1 Like

Sorry, you’re going through a rough storm. Remember you only have control over yourself and your choice choose well and your decisions will manifest positively. Remember those little eyes are peeled back watching you. Your kids are powerful healers in their own way. My decision to quit drinking stemmed from my sons out of control drinking. Here i was preaching to him about his drinking while drowning my own sorrows with the very poison i was preaching to him about. On a positive note we both made a promise to eachother that we would get sober together and hold each other accountable. We’re going on 30 days.
You got this RED DRAGON. You’ve come a long way baby! Sending good vibes of healing.

1 Like