Trying to make it to 90 days of sobriety

So I just got out of jail 2 weeks ago been sober for 2 months moved into a halfway house so when I moved into the halfway house there was the guy that owned the car key concrete cutting business and he lives at the halfway so he gave me a job that day I got here when I got out of jail I started working the next day so I don’t have a driver’s license I was work for the guy driving around his truck anyways I had a bad feeling about working for him because I heard bad things about him and people that he had working for me at the halfway so today I woke up he supposed to drive me to Jupiter north Florida and you know he told me he doesn’t want me to work anymore and shutting down so I lost my job anyways I found another job I’m just feeling some type of way cuz I lost this job anyway so I just not having a good day and I feel like I want to get high I just always do good for about a month yeah we get a job get a paycheck and then I go out and use end up homeless jobless on the street with nothing I’m kind of realizing that now I’m touching myself thinking about getting high and the consequences of getting high cuz I am on probation think I’m just come to the realization that I can’t do drugs anymore I’m just posting this talk two other addicts so I have some type of support group anyway so yeah just lm jut stressed out i really truly do not wunt to use

7 Likes

It can be really liberating to write out these feelings on here. Just being able to get the swirling thoughts out of our heads and putting them out there to share can help cool things down.
Stick around on here, use the search function and read through topics that resonate with you. Lots of support on here! And I know all the old timers will tell you to maybe try to get to a meeting :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Meetings are helping me more than I can express. My number of days sober prove they’re working. I find the trick is finding hobbies or books that distract me from my addiction and assist me in my recovery.
It has gotten easier over the last month and I’m so happy that every night I go to bed and say “I did it.” One day at a time, my man. One day at a time…

2 Likes

Like the guys here have said, keep it one day at a time. Each day feels a little easier. Just keep adding those days.

Now, what gets you through those days may be unique to you. It could be going to some kind of group support (AA is the one for me), keeping physically active (walking, working, running, lifting), mentally occupied (reading, writing, singing).

You could try all of those things. I did. Talking to others has helped me so much, and you’re already doing that.

Keep coming back here and talking things through. Read about other people’s experiences and it will start to get easier.

2 Likes

It sounds like you know in your heart you need to stay clean. Maybe a meeting eould be helpful for you? It always help me to come here and read or write it out. Stay strong.

Maybe try a meeting they help wish you well

Welcome @james_wickman. Glad you’re here!

1 Like