Trying to quit vaping / tobacco

Does anyone have any advice on quitting tobacco / vaping ? I would love to hear !

2 Likes

When I quit smoking cigarettes I gradually reduced over the course of one week, then I had nicotine gum for one week to help with the cravings and then after that I did cold turkey … This gradual reduction work for me but it doesn’t work for everybody. The stop smoking aids definitely help but don’t use them long-term just use them temporarily for cravings. Depending where you live you can also get the nicotine gum or patches or lozenges for free…

Also this is my personal advice for quitting cigarettes I’m not sure about vaping and how addictive that is. But honestly if you’re tired of it it’s not gonna be that hard to quit

Hi there is a great active thread with lots of helpful info

hí- thєrє’ѕ αn αpp ín thє αpplє ѕtσrє thαt hєlpѕ quít ѕmσkíng вч ѕlσwlч wєєníng чσu σff nícσtínє. ít dєcrєαѕєѕ чσur cσunt σf cígѕ чσu ѕmσkє, grαduαllч σvєr tímє. ít’ѕ cαllєd αlívє. thє fírѕt wєєk íѕ frєє.

I tried quitting with gum, patches, pills and the only thing that stuck was cold turkey. Withdrawals peaked at around day 3 or 4 and by day 6, it was comfortable again. By week 6 I had no physical cravings.

In previous attempts, reducing nicotine just drew it out and it was always uncomfortable, cold turkey made it really uncomfortable but for a short period of time.

The first week, I stayed home and didn’t really do anything. That seemed to work best.

The thing I kept thinking about was how illogical it was handing over good hard earned money for what? Cancer? COPD? Tooth loss? Aged skin? Constant stank? Yeah, not logical at all. All that just to feel normal? No thanks! Give it a couple weeks, you’ll feel normal again and save money.

3 Likes