Trying to Stay Focused

Hello,

Today is my 9th day sober from heroin. I think that this is really difficult. I can’t get away from the craving. I want to get high, so that I can feel better. I know that if I stay sober eventually I will feel better but its tough right now. All I can think of over and over is ‘I want to get high… Just one more really good time’

5 Likes

Heyy my dude

Try to find some things you like to do thats healthy.

Maybe do some self searching

Meditation and healthy thinking put together really helps too

Withdraw sucks but if your planning on quitting its going to happen, even if its a little.

Theres also the fact it will find you when your not looking. I delt with that a lot.

It gets better and easier

Keep reading the threds here

New expariences are here in words

Dont be afraid of sobriety. Its the healthyest thing for people like us and man, sobriety is worth it.

Dont be afraid to reach out or ask questions

:slight_smile:
I look forward to hear more from you

1 Like

No, you’ll just be feeling like this again. Don’t think of it as a good time, it’s really not.

2 Likes

Today is going to be very difficult. Thank you for the encouragement.

1 Like

Think this through is it really that much fun sitting there nodding out on heroin? I’ve used that shit a million times and never had fun … a dear friend of mine thought the same as you and that last time killed her … 9 days clean is amazing. Please don’t pick up x

2 Likes

So glad you’re on here! I’m a month and 7 days free of alcohol. Everyone has a different level of addiction on here, but be strong you can do this! If you’re feeling that vulnerable, I recommend calling a friend and just talking on the phone if you can’t physically be with somebody. Having someone that cares about you, I truly believe will help you not use! Remember you are loved and the suffering right now too shall pass! Like I said I’ve never used heroin and I hear it’s a heck of a habit to kick but you can accomplish anything! Sending lots of healing energy from Louisiana!

1 Like

I decided to get sober because I hated who I became. It really does control you. I’m just about over withdrawal, I’m just feeling pain mostly now. This is my 3rd time trying to quit and the furthest I’ve made it. I keep reminding myself that I am strong and that I can do this. It has really helped me so far.

1 Like

You got this! Changing your life on any level, nobody ever said was easy. We must put in the work and change our lifestyle. Hard work truly does pay off.I’ve experienced it time and time again. I pray that you find your groove and find something healthy when you’re ready to replace heroin. The authentic Joy you are going to feel inside when you kick this, will be better than any drug! I’ve got some really great tools that help me so feel free to reach out anytime! Cuz I’m going to be checking on you! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

1 Like

Yes. You are absolutely right. It’s all fun and games at first and then eventually it does take you over. That’s what made me stop drinking alcohol. I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin anymore. Even with substance.s. Your soul wants to be free. So you got to listen to it!

1 Like

Hello!!! Hope you are doing well today and able to balance out your cravings! Feeling again will be better than any toxic substances!!
Carrie

1 Like

I have a little better today. I really trying hard to get through this first push so that I know I can stick with quitting and go back to normal. I really appreciate your kind words. Very helpful. I hope that everything is going well for you!

1 Like

Good to hear! Best just to live in the moment and find beauty around you and not get too much in your head. Anyways those are tools that work for me. So happy to help! That’s what we’re all here for! I am super duper fabulous and my dog even loves that I don’t drink anymore! You got this! It’s a process .