It’s all about the holy trinity of recovery folks!!,
G.O.D / Group of Drunks giving…
G.O.D. / Good Orderly Direction , saying
G.O.D. / Grow or Die !!

6 Likes

I’m sure there is people praying to Harry Potter tho

2 Likes

Poor @Olivia

She’s also a non native English speaker and I throw things at her all the time she’s like what??

Spend a week chatting with me you’ll learn more slang than you could ever ask for :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

IOP = Intensive Outpatient

It’s a therapy that often occurs at least 3 days a week not sure if it’s just an American thing or if you guys do it across the pond as well.

LOA = Leave of Absence

Most likely another American thing along with FMLA leave (Family and Medical Leave Act) federal act requiring employers to allow their employees 12 weeks of leave per year for various medical reasons to include caring for family members and birth of a child

7 Likes

Sober AF
That’s when the AF stands for As Fuck. Instead of the usual Alcohol Free.
That my story and I’m sticking to it.

8 Likes

I definitely share that opinion. :blush:

3 Likes

Most of the time you can actually find out by content what it means. I find it really interesting because there’s definitely different slang/shortenings even in English depending on your country of origin,and personally I do sometimes need to think if it’s a Swedish/English word or actually a real American one before typing. It doesn’t really help that most of my English comes from the south, and that the Swedish students learns the British English in school :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I know a lot of you learning English as a Second Language learn proper English, mostly from Britain

I made up my own language I been told, mostly because I change the context of things that even native English speakers have to think

3 Likes

signal-2021-06-26-120928

3 Likes

Jag är säkert att han skapar nya förkortningar bara att skoja mig :thinking: :unamused: :joy:

1 Like

Bara att ge igen, du har ju fördelen av att vara flerspråkig i det läget. Glad midsommar :blush:

1 Like

Oh, absolut! Jag byter till finska ibland, haha.

1 Like

TalkingSober.com community use many abbreviations in text. I am constantly looking them up. TW=Trigger Warning TBH=To Be Honest

2 Likes

BTW=By the way
DOC= Drug of Choice
AF ? I am not sure

2 Likes

AF alcohol free
TS talking sober

check out below thread
TS slang/abbreviations

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

I’m glad I read this. I was thinking af meant the same thing lol