TS with Nurses

13 Likes

@happyfeet @kjm @Diane_Humphreys

1 Like

3 Likes

Hi there Ashley glad you created this nurses thread

3 Likes

People will get grossed out quick if it’s anything like the break room on a med surge floor… Stomachs of steel.

1 Like

4 Likes

I’m not a nurse but LOVE the work you do. I had so many supportive nurse’s that were amazing during my labors. Can’t thank you all enough.

3 Likes

It’s a privilege :heart:️

1 Like

The labor nurse makes all the difference! I ran into the nurse that i loved in an elevator and happened to have had my 5 year old with me that she helped me give birth to. I was able to tell her what a difference she made! I wouldn’t be able to pick out the nurses from my other 2 labors from a lineup of I had to… And they were more recent.

1 Like

Thank you to nurses everywhere!!

I’m not a nurse either, but I am eternally grateful to you. My husband was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer at age 34. Nurses were the folks who kept us both going through multiple surgeries and horrible chemotherapy. Hats off to you all!:heart:️

7 Likes

Thank you all for your kind words. @anon19498634 Ashley you’re right it absolutely is a privilege to work as a nurse and I couldn’t imagine to do anything different.

2 Likes

You guys are super sweet and thank you.

1 Like

:raised_hands: to nurses!!! Throughout my husbands injuries, my son being hospitalized and my niece passing just incredible support. My niece was five months old and the nurse that was there most the time was just amazing, I could see the pain in her eyes and the heart ache she wished she could fix it all :heart:️ about six months after her passing she actually showed up to a sids walk for fallen angels and told us she never stopped thinking of our family :heart:️ she came to the event alone too I only hope she knows we can’t stop thinking of her as well. You guys are one of a kind and truly make a difference every second of every day!!!

2 Likes

They really do!! I had a traveling male nurse when my oldest was finally ready to be born and he did everything he could to make things happen they way I was hoping they would.

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind words. I love doing nursing and wouldn’t do anything else. Too be there and make a difference to people’s lives is priceless as well as their families. I work in paediatrics so it is stressful as I’m on an oncology Ward and no matter how hard and upsetting it is we have to stay professional but please remember we have feelings too. I myself have been abused verbally by parents and physically from one mum. I understand it’s a bad time but you must understand we are doing our job and giving the best care possible even if we have done a 12 hr shift and had no break. I wouldn’t do anything else though xx

1 Like

IMG_0240

This is sooooooooo true!!!

6 Likes

I’m sure we all have nurse friends that love to get together for drinks… Those friendships were my favorite part of the job. I would go to a party and be in awe of the smiling person across the room that i knew had spent an hour the night before doing aggressive chest compressions on a patient that were not successful in the end. Wonderful people!! I spent a little time thinking about this and thought I would be proactive. I messaged a friend that most consistently invites me for drinks and suggested coffee and walking our dogs… Hopefully that works… I’m also suggesting that a group of healthcare friends that do dinner switch back to brunch. Brunch always worked out so well and once due to a calendar restraint we had to move it to dinner… Which obviously includes drinks. Nurse friends are forever friends.

1 Like

13* hour with DST :grinning:

4 Likes

We’re a closeknit bunch aren’t we? We celebrate holidays together, do marathons and day/weekend trips together too… There are some weeks I spend more time with my co-workers, than I do my own family. They’ve become MY second family.

2 Likes