TS with Nurses

That’s so true lol. Handover is difficult after night shift lol

It’s also true we spend more time in work than at home. Even do extra shifts when short staffed. One thing I do know is I have put on weight doing the job, all the junk food you eat on the go lol oh and patients give chocolates, goodies etc lol. It’s hard to eat properly when sometimes you don’t get a break. Do u find you eat more junk on shifts??

1 Like

No and only bc I’m on nights lol. If I eat too much or snack on the wrong things it makes me super sleepy :poop: When I was on day shift, yes! Patients and/or administration feeding me was the best thing lol.

3 Likes

Haha

4 Likes

@happyfeet @Diane_Humphreys @kjm Just checking in… haven’t seen you ladies around :kissing_heart:

I’ve been on holidays and it was great. Florida Sober Holidays

1 Like

Back in freezy Germany now … nightshift tomorrow. How are you my sober friends?

1 Like

Piling on with my thankfulness for nurses here. It’s amazing what you guys do for all of us all the time, in one of the most stressful, chaotic, emotionally demanding environments out there.

I want to particularly thank you all for your emotional sensitivity and professionalism. I am often at my most broken, mentally and emotionally, when I’m being helped by a nurse. Taking the time and effort to show compassion without judgement has so many times encouraged me to get better, when less careful words would have fed my self loathing, pain and desire to self destruct.

In inpatient detox when I was brutally terrified by all my body and mind were experiencing, your gentleness, honesty, and comfort helped me stick it out. In psych ICU, you were the only people I would see for days or weeks at a time except for brief psychiatric evaluations. On the regular psych ward, you made time to help coach me through helping myself cope when I just couldn’t handle it.

You got firm with me when necessary, but with enough tact that I didn’t feel antagonized or overwhelmed, which just would have made be shut down, unable to listen. You cleaned and bandaged my self harm wounds you so desperately tried to steer me away from, without making a fuss, because we both know what I did, and you graciously accepted my apology the next day. You do countless things with unseen effort and skill and training.

The positive impacts you have on us all extend far beyond what you get to see.

ALL the nurse love!!!

2 Likes

How fun!! Good! I’ve been off for the last two weeks at home. Finished my BSN program finally :raised_hands: it’s been weird for me to not to be so busy and stressing anymore… makes you confront more of your own personal stuff (yay/fun stuff lol). Return to work tomorrow and I’m actually excited :grin: haha.

1 Like

:blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:️:purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart:

My niece was 3 months prem and the nurses really seemed to support my brother through it incredibly, from delivery to checking her out. They were great from what i’m told. :slight_smile:

My step-mother is a Psychiatric Nurse and way up the ladder now but still makes time to work on the wards. One of the hardest working people i’ve ever met.

I have to say though, I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting to the end of a 15 hr shift with the pen you started with!

1 Like

Isn’t that the truth!!!

1 Like