Two Weeks and still going

I realize that 2 weeks is not much and that I just have to take it day by day and at times minute by minute. Nevertheless I feel that I have suffered enough and my loved ones so much more. It has been challenging but I am holding strong. Every time I’ve question what am I doing, it’s easier to just pick up a bottle and forget and then I pray and it has help me to realize that my problems will be there unless I face them. My God is helping me get thru this. I feel that I am close to Him and he is leading me into the right path. I am tired of tears without action. I want to enjoy life on Gods terms and finally find the happiness that I deserve and share it with my loved ones. My wife and kids and rest of my family have gone to hell and back for me it is time for me to be there for them and protect them.

6 Likes

2 weeks is HUGE!!
Congratulations :boom::boom::boom:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, two weeks is amazing!!! I’m glad you feel God is helping you thought this♥️Do you also know what your triggers are? Why do you initially want to drink?

1 Like

Congrats on two weeks that’s huge! You should celebrate that milestone

1 Like

In early sobriety I had to concentrate on my recovery 100%…Now everyone can have a piece of me.
Congrats on your sober days, well done :+1:

I’m still working on that. There are times when my wife reminds me of things that I’ve done and I am so ashamed and embarrassed not to mention these things at times turn into an argument and that has probably been the biggest issue

Two weeks is awesome!! Everyday should be counted as a step in the right direction

I think learning your triggers is the biggest issue and aid in recovery. :green_heart:

2 weeks is a big deal! Congratulations and keep up the good work!