Two weeks sober and doing alright

Ya it’s been two weeks. But Holy crap what the recovery is like for me sucks balls! But I’m glad I’m away from it. Kind of felt I was spiraling again and I didn’t like it. It felt like only abandaid for the shit I was going through. Having ppl turn away when u are struggling and hoping they would be by your side really does fuck a person up. Still have the bf but now I have my roommates support too. I did manage to stop before that lasted about 45 days. I thought I had been using longer. But maybe a year or 1.5 a year. Who knows. Some of the things I’ve experienced and seen really fucks with someone. I’m glad to finally be walking away from this shit. Sorry for the foul language! My motivation is my kids.
What’s your motivation?

4 Likes

I know what you mean it’s really hard to be sober when you have to think about all the things you’ve done or seen… And sometimes it can seem like you’re doing everything just to stay sober. For me the motivation is just being so exhausted and I’ve burnt so many bridges, I just lost track of 10 years… There is this change that is happening but for me it really comes down to just being tired of my old life. I’m just trying to make the right decision even if it’s something small. Just keep pushing forward. I’ve been on here a lot for the last probably week struggling but every day I seem to be coming out of it. It comes in waves

3 Likes

I’m thankful for weed and for being a homebody but ya it’s discovering or re discovering who you are as a person.
Hell, I’m listening to my body to figure out how I get through this detox process. I’ve contemplated going to a rehab or detox place, but I’m confident I can do this with the support I have. Ya it sucks some days. But with the right people it’s going to be good.

I’m on my first couple hours of being sober after relapsing yet again, I was almost a month in, it’s been off and on like this for the past year, my motivation is my kids & my boyfriend who is very supportive & understanding, I don’t understand it lol, but I’m learning… And I’ll stick with it this time!! I wish everyone all the best!

1 Like

I am so incredibly proud of you, welcome to the 2% of us who do recovery, I have been sober 17 months now from meth, 15 months from alcohol and 5years 2 months from cocaine.

I started drinking at the age of 10 I am turning 31 this year. Addiction runs extremely strong in my family and I broke the cycle.

The first days into the first month are rough, but that’s what makes us stronger. I don’t come on here too much anymore, but I meet with my sponsor next week for the first time in awhile because I forgot to keep doing the work. 90 meetings in 90 days.

Life got to me, but I am still sober.

Stay strong and never let anyone tell you, that you can’t beat this.

1 Like

I know what it’s like to be going back-and-forth, relapsing over and over… It can be really difficult and hard to admit when it starts causing problems. For me I kept going back to it even though I knew it was going to cause issues right away literally the next morning. Maybe have a relapse plan in place for when you really feel like drinking. You need to have healthy alternatives and exit strategies and people to call and so on … And I really believe in that acronym HALT… Hungry angry lonely tired… I know for me when I went back to drinking it was literally always one of those things. And you can replace the angry with anxious same thing. That’s really awesome for reaching out on here. Just try to get through today. Try to hydrate, Gingerale, fruit, very light meals … Just keep pushing forward and don’t give up.

2 Likes