Two year relapse

Hello, I’ve joined this forum on my second day of sobriety after a two year long relapse, prior to which I’d been sober for three years, I’m looking forward to getting to know you all! - Jonesy

33 Likes

Hi Jonesy, welcome! :raising_hand_woman:
This app has helped me a lot to become sober after a relapse. Had 5 years and then thouhgt I was “cured”. Stick around, it helps to be here much, we all need a peer group. This is mine!
See you around!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! Here’s a thread full of info to get you going…

2 Likes

Thank you very much @SinceIAwoke plenty of information to keep me occupied!

3 Likes

Welcome Jonesy :heart:

3 Likes

Hi @Jonesy, great to meet you! If I may ask, what happened for you to pick up again? Can you tell us about the circumstances or thoguhts that went along with it? I feel very stable in my sobriety. But long sobriety time relapses freak me out so I wanna learn about them.

Have fun reading around the forum and interact as much as you feel like/can. It helps me a lot to stay active and connected here.

:rainbow:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! There’s pretty much something for everyone here, whether it be questions related to recovery or fun distractions. Hope to see you around!

4 Likes

Welcome. That sounds like quite the journey. Glad to share the rest of ur journey with u.

3 Likes

Welcome @Jonesy ! Read around as it was mentioned above. It’s a good place to find information and help :hugs::+1::sunflower:

2 Likes

Welcome to this great community Jonesy,

This is a great forum and is helping me a lot to stay accountable and to focus myself.

I relapsed alot of times but I will keep coming back.

Wish you all the best! :pray: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Faugxh, great question, in the last six months of my sobriety I had started having the odd beer with a meal at a resteraunt on occasion (once every few weeks maybe), this put the idea of drinking a beer back on the table for me, so to speak, and was a real mistake in hindsight.

Then we locked down in the UK and I started working from home, I was fed up and bored, and also couldnt go to the gym like normal, I’m a creature of routine so making sure the habits i’m in are positive ones is really important.

My decline wasn’t instant, first it was having a couple of beers in the evening every few days and then the amounts and frequency just built and built until I was drinking very heavily ever single day, if anything I would say things have been worse than before I first sobered up, as if I started work with a stinking hangover no-one would really know from behind a screen.

I knew what direction I was heading in, but I always said to myself that that night would be the last night, and surprise, surprise, it was always ‘just one more night’

5 Likes

Thanks for your candour. Routines are so important to me too. I can get quite carried away and dependent on them…
I’m happy to see you resolved to take things back in your hands and wish you good luck!
Sounds like you’re a fellow gym nut… Maybe join us on the Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness :fire: thread when you get back to it!

Have a great sober day!

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m glad you found us🙂

1 Like

A lapsed gym nut I’d say, but that group seems like just what I need to get some motivation to start lifting again- see you there!

1 Like

Welcome @Jonesy!

1 Like

@Dan531 me too, I actually downloaded the sober time app some time ago, and one of the things that really motivated me to sober up was seeing that had I not just carried on drinking when I downloaded it, I would have been sober for 5 months at this point.

1 Like

Hey…I just joined as well. I had 5+ years sober. It had been off and on since 2010 but 5 years was my longest. I relapsed HORRIBLY in January 2020 and ended up in the snow then on a ventilator. Almost one year so far. Reach out if u need ANYTHING!!!

3 Likes