Two years sober today .... 730 Club!

Since the first time I drank a PBR out in the woods at 14, this is the longest I have gone without alcohol in my system for the past 44 years.

44 years of drinking…my entire adult life. Minus my now sober 2 years and pregnancy and breast feeding…so 40+ years of drinking. A lifetime.

It was damn tough letting go of that version/vision of my self. I had to get to the very darkest place before true change could happen. Deciding to live sober and not die a mean sloppy drunk was a very long process of self discovery and a lot of hard work. But inevitably, the pain of living the drinking life …the feeling of letting myself and family down endlessly, of getting myself out of the messes I created over and over, of surviving not thriving, of hating…loathing… who I was…all that and much more finally drove me to doing the work and getting sober.

For me, it was learning I alone am responsible for whether or not I drink. Sounds easy, but it took me awhile to truly internalize what this means…especially as I live with a functional drinker. And by ‘awhile,’ I mean a couple of years. I had to learn how to ‘be’ without alcohol and how to feel my feelings, live life and its challenges without turning off all the emotions that come with life.

So, after a LOT of relapses and a lot of education, I am 2 years sober. A true blessing.

Never give up trying. Keep quitting and adding to your sober toolbox. Do what works for YOU. Take each day as it comes and don’t worry about forever. Today is the only day we have. I am blessed and grateful to be here at 730 days.

One love,

Sassy :palm_tree:

88 Likes

Congrats! You are such an inspiration!

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an awesome story of hope, I know many people will benefit from you sharing your success, I can definitely relate to the struggle of learning to be a human BE-ing without alcohol or benzos. Way to go, keep sharing the good stuff!

2 Likes

Nice one Sassy! Inspirational indeed!

2 Likes

Congrats! So inspiring!

2 Likes

Omg congrats!!!

2 Likes

Amazing, amazing, amazing! Absolutely brilliant. One of the original ones still around on here when I joined. Most went back out you stayed! Absolute inspiration :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

You are SUCH an inspiration! I have loved reading your posts and have soaked up your wisdom since my first day sober.

Thank you for sharing yourself and your life with us.

Much love and so much gratitude…

5 Likes

Wowowoowow. Such an inspiration! :bird:

3 Likes

Yeahhhhhh! Sassy and sober AF.

Thanks for stickin’ around and showing us what sober-cool looks like, @SassyRocks! :heart:

4 Likes

Amazing! You are a true inspiration to us all.

2 Likes

Your story sounds very familiar to me. Im happy for you. Congratulations from the bottom of my :heart:

2 Likes

I truly congatulate you. Such a message is amazingly useful for me today, as I’m just after a relapse and been struggling over 10 years. I would love to see my daughter truly happy and sure of me, my behaviour. 44 years, that’s a lot and still there is hope :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: I have to believe.

2 Likes

Fantastic @SassyRocks that is such an achievement! People like you are such an inspiration to me… keep it going :grin:

2 Likes

You inspire me. Congratulations :blush:

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations on two years of freedom from chaos! It’s lovely to hear that your daughter is sober as well

1 Like

Yayyyyy! Congrats lady, you are an inspiration and it’s been a pleasure being on this journey with you this last year! What is your favorite change so far? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations and thank you for your inspiration! I hope my HP will allow me to join your club in July!

1 Like

Sassy rocks! Definitely! :facepunch:

Congratulations!! :tada:

2 Likes