Two years sober today .... 730 Club!

Congratulations Goat! I’m so happy for you and how you turned things around. Keep on rocking that Magical Mystery Tour, my friend.

4 Likes

Thank you for your lessons of :goat:ish wisdom, patience, and compassion, Goat my friend. Two years well earned. :ice_cream: :ice_cream:

Annnnnnnnnd… :notes: Everybody dance now! :musical_note:

giphy(23)

giphy(24)

Always,
:chipmunk:

6 Likes

Thanks @Eke! Guess what song is in my head now?
Congratulations :goat:. In all your trials and tribulations I hope you realise that your are a great inspiration to me and no doubt others on this journey. I must be honest, took me a while to totally “get” you, but you already had a name for yourself with the forum when I came here. So I guess I put my faith in the collective.
After all you had already done a year by then.
Thank you for being here.!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, brother. Your sobriety is definitely at the center of your life today, and because of that, you can and you do absolutely anything that you want to do. Blessings of gratitude and wisdom on your goat pen. :pray:

3 Likes

What a really lovely and inspirational post ,loved it …massive congrats on 2 years :confetti_ball::tada::grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations, my Goat friend…

I know these two years have been far from easy…but I also know they have been worth every ounce of work. Thank you for your wisdom, your level head, your 3,876,876 memes, and yes…the grace that you show in the most chaotic of days.

Keep trudging that road of happy destiny.

4 Likes

So inspirational!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!! And huge congratulations on your jard fought 2 years!!! :heart:

3 Likes

I can’t wait for this day!!!

2 Likes

“Described what was in me. The big fucking hole inside me”
That got me too in my first couple weeks too man. How did these people know how I felt inside?? I know now that it is because I wasn’t unique in my alcoholism. That I wasn’t special in that. Your story is my story is their story.

Anyways, Happy Birthday pal!!! It’s been a pleasure getting to see you a bit on your journey. If someone asked me to describe you in a word, it would be HONEST. I have always admired your honesty.

Happy Birthday Buddy!

6 Likes

I didn’t realize we were close to twins @SassyRocks. You’re the 16th? I’m the 6th of March.
Twinsies!! :wink:

4 Likes

Congratulations!!! I hope and pray that I also continue with the same strength and courage that you have. I love “for me, it was learning I alone am responsible for whether or not I drink.” WOW…that was very powerful for me to read.

Thank you for sharing and get up the great work :heart::hugs:!!!

3 Likes

Close enough! I will take it!! Twins!!:grinning::birthday::grinning::heart:

2 Likes

So cool :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Legend!!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing goat :pray:
I’m so happy that aa has helped you and hp is with you.
Sincerest congratulations and ba a a a a :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nicely done Goat!!! :heart: What’s your favorite change so far?

3 Likes

This checks out.

2 Likes

Good to see you Mandi! (Will @ others as I can throughout the day and THANKS SO MUCH)

I thought this question would be coming… and again, I don’t really have much of an answer from the outside. Much about my life from the outside looks the same. No additional cash and prizes for this Goat. My life (which largely consists of my job) is still HELLA HELLA unmanageable. My job, as some may know, is fairly toxic environment and has gotten progressively worse (60 plus days behind in pay, lack of any real accountability, no competent help, long hours, gas lighting), while I have somehow gotten better even though I still can’t manage to take care of myself with the simple things like HALT.

Through weeklyish therapy, meditation, sometimes prayer, and AA, I have been able to start to dig away at the garbage that I had piled up and shoved down the road in my life and begin to understand the whys of so many of my behaviours and thoughts. No one would ever mistake me for this in IRL, but I am, at the end of the day, a fearful fearful Goat that lacks any semblance self confidence or personal security. (surprising eh?) I know I am barely scratching the surface in understanding all of this… so there is a lot more work to do.

So I guess that is a long way to get to the fact that understanding and more importantly trying to live acceptance is my favorite change. No longer is the world going to end with every little event such that I need to drink at it.

To those that read this, just know that you may be walking through hell, but that doesn’t mean you have to be in hell.

9 Likes

Congratulations @SassyRocks, journey on my friend!!!

1 Like

Isn’t it forged that kicks then in the balls :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi @DowntroddenGoat fantastic achievement! keep it going :grin:

2 Likes