Two years!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my sobriety birthday here and hopefully it will provide anyone struggling with a bit of hope or inspiration. I was a typical, but mainly “closet alcoholic.” I was able to keep enough in control and look good on the surface, that most people had no idea I had a drinking problem. But slowly, over the years, it just got worse…I would give myself little breaks from alcohol, try different methods and rewards to just solve the issue on my own, thinking my sheer willpower would carry me out of the darkness. But it wasn’t until I went to an aa meeting that something clicked. I definitely realize aa is not the solution for everyone, but in my case, it just happened to be. I was finally and totally ready. Connecting with other humans and seeing so much brought to light, brought a powerful and positive change to my world. The “one day at a time” motto became my game-changer, and now here I am with all those simply one day at a times, adding up to two years of sobriety today! I wish all of you much success in your recovery journeys and may we all come out stronger! :dove::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

58 Likes

That’s great. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :birthday:! Thank you for sharing. Hugs.

1 Like

That’s so great! Congratulations on two years!!!

1 Like

Huge congrats on your 2 years!!!

1 Like

Congrats and Happy Birthday!

1 Like

That’s amazing!! Congratulations :tada: and happy birthday!! :birthday: what a gift you have given to yourself. :blush:

1 Like

Congrats !!! Now eat some birthday cake and love life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Good stuff! Congratulations
:hugs:

1 Like

Congrats on 2 years, don’t stop there make 3.

1 Like

Happy Birthday to you!!
Thank you for sharing your miracle with us

1 Like

Thank you for your story - and the hope you give to all of us. You are a walking miracle. Congratulations!

1 Like

One day at a time got meaty for me when I was about 2 months sober and starting to panic over my upcoming DUI court dates. My sponsor told me to do what was in front of me to do. That helped so much to focus me and stop the anxious, useless worry about what might happen or not. And it got easier to stay sober that day.

I’m so happy to see you get to this milestone. I can easily perceive the gratitude in your writing. And a grateful heart will not drink, they tell me.
Blessings on your house :pray:

2 Likes

Love this share, and so happy for you. I want what you have. “Gratitude” was our topic tonight. It’s such a powerful tool in my toolkit. Grateful for your post.

1 Like

Woo hoo!! Congratulations. Have some cake (or pie).

:tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!

Slow and steady wins the race
giphy (48)

3 Likes

Top notch! Keep trudging friend!

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congrats on the 2 years! That’s fantastic. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations to you :clap: :purple_heart: and thank you for sharing your story :blush:

1 Like