Uh how do I tell it?

Welp, so I have been selfharming for some time. My friend helped me staying clean for like 3 months but then I started again. Hiding it from her is hard and i don’t know how to open up to
Her since she’s sensitive to this because she has also selfharmed for a period and even a suicide attempt. I want to open up to her without making her feel terrible or depressed again.

1 Like

Hey - sorry to hear you’re struggling right now.

Are you getting any support from a doctor or a therapist? I don’t know what country you’re in but the Samaritans are always on the other end of the phone if you need someone to talk to.

UK number is 116 123.

1 Like

I’m getting into therapy soon. Btw I live in the Netherlands.

1 Like

Good for you for reaching out to someone for support. That’s a really positive step you’ve taken.

Apart from having help from your friend, how did you stay clean for 3 months before?

1 Like

Since I basically harm out of boredom, I found new things then to be busy with.

1 Like

What kind of things did you start doing before?

Wel i draw and play keyboard, the keyboard distracted me the most. I have a bird since 3 weeks now and i enjoy taking care of her.

1 Like

Ah that sounds nice! What type of bird?

Are you still playing the keyboard? I would love to learn to play piano. My Grandma had one and I picked up some basic notes when I was little. It’s something I’d love to go back to.

1 Like

I have a budgerigar parakeet, and yes I’m still playing keyboard. I just finished learning a song but now I don’t know what to play next.

@RottingDoll thank you for being brave and sharing with the group. It sounds like a difficult dilemma trying to open up to your friend. Oh and good job seeking additional help. The more the better sometimes.

I know this thread was started several days ago so im curious whether you’ve told your friend or not

I love budgies! We have a conure, I find that training him or even just playing with him is really helpful when I’m feeling low. I’m glad you’re finding things to occupy your time!

I haven’t told my friend yet.

Tanks UwU Even though my birb isn’t handtame it’s still fun to care for her.

Oh ok. Yeah keep us posted on what you decide. Good luck!

1 Like