UK Peak District Hike - Postponed (new date TBC)

Just plotted a 5.6 mile walk up Cadair Idris which is a nice walk and relatively easy. Loads in North Wales.

Dependent on ability- I’m up for Crib Goch / Snowden though… ?

4 Likes

Or alternatively there is the Peak District 25 mile challenge which incorporates all the highest Peaks and is done over the course of the day. They have set events but I could easily plot and navigate myself :walking_man:‍♂

1 Like

If @anon12657779 hasn’t been to the peak district then maybe we could try there? Also fairly accessible for anyone who might want to travel.

Could we say 20 miles max though please? I don’t want to go too OTT before the west highland way!

1 Like

Peak District is cool. If we want to do the challenge.
@DarrenUK, I’m definitely up for the Crib Goch Snowdon though. I want to do that way.
I’ve booked myself in to do Snowdon with the company that I’m doing the Fan Dance with on the 1st February. Two weeks away.
I don’t know which route they will do yet but I doubt it would be the llanberris one. And I don’t think it’ll be Crib Goch because it says depending on ability.
The idea is it’s a training session where we get the chance to learn how to TAB/ yomp military styley with a load.

1 Like

Yep- could plan a route starting from the car park at Mam Tor and walk along the ridge to Win Hill then head onto the Kinder Plateau and back- let me do a quick plot now

2 Likes

Glad it’s got Kinder scout in. How many peaks?

Quite a few

Type in the Ridge Walk - Peak District

• Mam Tor
  • Lose Hill
  • Kinder Scout
  • Rushup Edge
  • Win Hill
  • Lady Bower

They’re the places we’d visit and bypass

2 Likes

Would be interested depending on when and where

2 Likes

@DarrenUK @anon12657779

These Saturdays look good for me at the moment

16th May
6th June
18th July

Absolutely, the more the merrier! :blush:

1 Like

@anon13078412
@Solanaceae
@Dolse71

You up for it?

2 Likes

I can only do the 6th May out of those dates. I work alternate weekends you see :grinning:

16th May? Or 6th June?

I can’t do the 6th May! :upside_down_face:

Sorry 16th May I can do. Too many 6s :grinning:

1 Like

16th may looks good for me. I’ll stick it in me diary.

1 Like

Yep let’s provisionally book that date in our diaries :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Natnat
@Ray_M_C_Laren
@Lilemm
@Frantasticooo

Any of you up for a hike?

3 Likes

I’ll have to read the thread, I’ve not got a clue what I’m meant to be up for :joy: :joy: :joy:

It sounds great fun … my problem is transport but if i can find a way I’d love to come x

1 Like

Have to check my schedule Darren

3 Likes