Ultra Path

Good read man. I definitely do alot of the same stuff. The mindfulness meditation I’ve been doing has helped a bit. My mind is still kind of hard on it’s self in situations, which like you said thought we have to acknowledge. I’ve been pretty bummed with myself that I havent been doing my bike/hikes as much and Saturday when I did it, I couldn’t even really enjoy it bc I was more focused on how tired I already was, trying to push myself to be faster then before and it just through the whole ride off. Being upset with myself because I haven’t gotten a 7 mile run in since my last. I really just need to be happy that I’m out doing it, time shouldn’t matter, how far I’m goin shouldn’t matter. But yet my mind will trick me into thinking it all matters and them in return for me makes the run or ride even worse. It is really good to acknowledge these feelings tho bc it’s what helps us fully understand areselfs and love are selfs. Have a good day man

1 Like

I was able to copy and paste it to a document with black letter. It was a good read, and I have the same struggles with my bike riding. I cannot ride my bike without being 100% sober and if I start drinking I can’t ride my bike. I hate that delimma. And the summer heat is preventing me riding after work, so there’s my open door to drink instead.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. It’s a balancing act for me me for sure. I do want to push myself and I do what to improve my capabilities. At the same time I don’t want to suck all the enjoyment out of an activity that I love. There are times to push it and times to just enjoy the ride. Either way, I think it’s best for me to at least stay engaged in the activities and not let my mind obsess on everything else that’s going on in my life. I’m really just trying to be present and less distracted. The mindfulness meditation does help a ton.

1 Like

Oh cool. I’m glad you were able to find a solution. I know what you mean, drinking and training for me literally cannot coexist. It’s one or the other. I’m in the Phoenix area so running for any substantial distance after work is tough. Some heat training is good, but mostly I’m getting into a routine of just getting up and being out running by 5 am to beat the heat. Of course, that means an earlier bedtime.

1 Like

Bumping my own thread. Haha.