Uncomfortable

I could use a little support. I’m experiencing slight withdrawals from my methadone detox. I havent used heroin in 7 months. And have been on methadone since. I’m tapering off and feeling uncomfortable. I sleep all day to avoid life and I’m awake at night in my loneliness.

3 Likes

There’s a few people here recovering from opiates who may be able to give some advice. Lemme see - trying to remember some names; I hope I’m remembering right & if I tag anyone by mistake please forgive me :innocent:
@Englishd
@Donnie_Spiering
@Lilemm

If you can think of any other good ones please tag - thx guys :smile:

2 Likes

If possible try to switch your sleep schedule around. Rather than sleep during the next day force yourself to be active during daylight hours. If you skip a sleep session you should be tired enough to sleep at night. The fact that you are able to sleep at all is a good sign.

4 Likes

Hi my name is Emma I’m also tapering off a 15 year methadone habit I used my methadone alittle bit different than you,I applaud you for sticking with it …first can you let me know what your on and how quick your tapering I’ve come off methadone 4 times in the past and I’m not gonna lie it’s horrible.

4 Likes

I’ve been on methadone for 7 years and I did detox once from it in those 7 years. I tapered off very slowly untill zero mg. I know it can be done, but it’s difficult. I go down 2 mg a week now. Thanks for the support. How are you handling it?

2 Likes

For me so far so good like I said I’ve failed a few times before but never really had the clairty clean time nearly 6 MTHS so I’m Gona taper down to 20 15 ml then swap over to subutex for my detox as it’s 100 less aggressive .

2 Likes

@anon13078412 hey Gareth how are you???

I’m alright thanks em, can’t wait for the barber’s to open back up 2moro, I’m about six weeks past desperately needing my haircut! How are you doing? :slight_smile:I don’t have whattsap any more so wasn’t ignoring anybody.:+1:

1 Like

I didn’t think you were ignoring me just was concerned as u weren’t about for quite awhile and your quite a big part of TS ,I remember you saying you were mad busy at work,you still got your clean time I’m bk to 20 days after a extremely tricky month ,but tbh I’m feeling stronger than ever.lovrly to hear from you :pray::boom:

Yeah I haunt used,don’t have any idea how long its been I know that I havnt had any h unmoved a year now though. Relapses are all ways a possibility but happy to hear your feeling strong. Il be popping back on every couple of days now I think. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you switch over to subutex? I’m on 12mg of methadone now. I do have bad days but I have more good days than bad. How have you been?

2 Likes

Hi no still on my methadone ATM I’m not rushing it as this time it has to be carefully done as I’m not putting myself through anymore detoxing or drug taken 20 years is more than enough for me I’ve come down 20ml then cov19 hit so I’ve stayed where I’m too whist I deal with life without picking up ,now things are starting to settle in going to start moving down some more how you feeling on 12 that’s amazing good on you if your that low now you might as well go all the way slow and steady wins the race.

3 Likes

Hi. And thanks for the encouragement! I agree, there is no rush. It’s been a long road for me too. I’ve been on and off heroin for 20 years too. One of the struggles I’ve been facing is the lifestyle sneaks back in my thoughts and tries to lure me back in. It is such a cunning disease because it disguises its self as appealing but in fact its deadly.

2 Likes

Your aware of this so that’s a step ahead for you,how are you feeling on 12 ml and have you had any lapses whilst coming down off your methadone if you don’t mind me asking.

1 Like

I dont mind the question at all. I dont sleep constantly throughout the night. I get night sweats. Funny thing is I still get drowsy during mid day. Methadone is so powerful. Thanks for listening and chatting with me. How have you been doing?

1 Like

I forgot to answer the question lol. No I haven’t relapsed. Not since this time last year. I was on a 3 month binge. Barely made it out alive. Phentanol almost killed me. Methadone has been it since. I sometimes think, I may be on this forever. Sad. I don’t want that.

1 Like

Tried to get when ya ready otherwise it can turn into forever in nearly 17 years in Akbar few failed detoxes

I got off methadone a few months ago. I also did 2mg per week. Once I got down to about 20mg I switched to every other week. It was pretty brutal, everyone handles it differently also.
One thing that really helped was staying positive and reminding myself why I wanted to get off.
Definitely take your time my friend.
You got this.

1 Like