Unsupported

So I have wrote that my gf’s parents didn’t know we we together but the other day she let them know that we are. They asked how long I would be sober for and if my past behavior would come back. they are also not happy about it. I myself do not want to go backwards only forward. I talked with my gf about taking them to lunch and apologizing but in my own time. She thinks they would love that and it’s a great idea. I love the advice that everyone has offered on here.

3 Likes

That’s nice shes on board with that idea. I hope that all works out for you :blush: Just keep moving forward. I know I was moving backwards for far too long. Time to finally grow up.

4 Likes

They have a right to be concerned for her and all you can do is be sober for yourself. I personally understand the doubters i have but i also am not looking to please them… at the end of the day I’m doing this shit for me just trying to make me sober and happy. If I’m pleasant it will radiate to those around me and my actions will speak much louder than words. Good luck bud

5 Likes

To echo @Dan531, the damage we have done to our relationships over the years with our shitty behavior is not an easy thing to erase. In fact, it’s something that cannot be erased, only repaired, and they can only be repaired by time and action.

People in our lives want us to get better, but they’ve heard our bullshit long enough that they want to see results.

So if the question is; are you going to stay sober?

The answer is; Yes, that’s my intention and I am doing it by X, Y and Z.

4 Likes