Unwritten social rules and etiquette thread

Post them below…

10 Likes

I have the worst public restroom anxiety…this kills me every time.

1 Like

6 Likes

Walk on to an elevator and just stand facing everyone…

When I was in law school I took a class called Social Deviance. It was all about societal norms, how they were formed, and how they have changed over time. The book Peyton Place is a great example. When it was released it was considered very controversial. Now it actually ranges on the side of tame.

4 Likes

I take how much I want man :wink:

4 Likes

If there is not a clearly defined and clean shoulder I ride in the lane of traffic. Y’all just gotta deal with it

2 Likes

I do deal with it pretty well now tbh! In the past I might not have though :joy:

We are quite fortunate now in the U.K. as most major cities have cycle lanes

Love watching road rage clips online cars / motorbikes / cyclists

1 Like

We drove like behind them like this for 3+ kilometres.

4 Likes

That’s excessive. This is why people hate cyclists.

1 Like

The law here in the UK is cyclists must ride single file not that they take much notice though! :slightly_smiling_face:

Cyclists can ride two abreast in the UK…we should be treated like any other vehicle… plus we are not killing the planet … only kidding I do drive a car too😁

1 Like

Cyclists are people :grin:

2 Likes

I have friends and colleagues who do lots of cycling and I understand why they take up more of the road having heard some of their stories. I also notice how close some cars overtake. It looks terrifying.

I would like to do a bit of cycling on my commute but the awful driving really puts me off. That plus the fact that I have completely lost my ability to take one hand off the handlebars and stay in a straight line, as I discovered recently (while off road!) :joy:

enhanced-1737-1458660020-16

Working out when and how to avoid stop and chats.

2 Likes

I’ve been hit 3 times by cars while riding in Syracuse lol. The city itself is fairly bike friendly. The assholes in the hood driving around are not.

1 Like

Damn that’s obnoxious. 2 abreast is law in the US too @Robketts . Those are the fuckers that give cyclists a bad name. I always ride 2 abreast or single file if it’s a narrow road.

1 Like

I thought it was single. Two abreast is fair enough. I really don’t mind cyclists on the roads myself.
Imo they should save the hostilities for the drivers who tow caravans, they are the real scourge of our road network :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been hit once, during rush hour. Not one person stopped to help. But I live in one of the rudest places in the US, so I probably would have just gotten berated for being on a bike on “their” road in the first place.
~eyeroll~

2 Likes

Can we post “Thread Etiquette” on this Etiquette Thread?

2 Likes

No nose blowing at the table.

3 Likes