Update on this past couple week

Well February 8th i bought a car! Wow. It felt amazing. I went to my first job (live in nurse) i left work on tuesday, and was rear ended. Thankfully it wasnt my fault and she had insurance.

Im leaving for California on Wednesday I am very stressed. I have my first car payment on friday while i wont be in state. Qhile i am away i wont be getting my normal weekly paycheck. Which is okay i can make my car payment and insurance payment without it. The one thing im worried about is my Ameren Bill. Its over 500. I have only paid 73.25 sp far and its due on the 20th. Ill make ot through this.

I really wanted to drink and take some pills. Im so tired. Ive been working over a month straight with no days off. Im so tired of drownding i am working myself thin. I just needed to vent. Im still new so only get 12 replies a day.

3 Likes

Don’t burn yourself out, you need to remember to take time out to look after yourself too. When I used to pile on the pressure and expect more from myself than I could give, burnt out fast and i inevitably ended up drinking. Take care

3 Likes

Really great advice Michelle, I need to remind myself of this more often

2 Likes

I never made time for myself, I really had no love for me and that is a huge problem. Im lucky to finally have that work/life balance now and I love it

1 Like

Work life balance is so important and having that time for yourself. Hitting burn out stress is not good and led me to drink which almost killed me.
Just even adding little things like a nice bath can help :slight_smile: shutting off the mind too into a book or a good programme that you like or meditation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I take a nice soak everynight. I know my limits, this is why i have decided to take a trip out to California. Thank you all for youre kind words.

3 Likes

Just curious, but what’s in California for you? Hopefully you have the time/ money to chill and be ok.

Just remember that. I killed myself at a job for 6 years. Always thought I’d work there long term and I was fired without warning. Lost over 300 hours of vacation time (that they would have paid me had I quit with adequate notice) I was never able to take due to call and lack of staff to cover vacations.

4 Likes

I used to live out there. I have my oldest brother and his family out there. I wanted to see him. Last time my brother ever saw me, i was in the hospital just hours after waking up from an attempt suicide via overdosing. So I planned a trip the 2nd week of January. Bought my ticket and everything. I do have money for out there, as well as money reserved for my car and insurance payment. Ill be calling Ameren first thing tomorrow ketting them know as of the 22nd my bill will be paid in full.

1 Like

Glad you have someone to look out for you on your vacation. Enjoy!

1 Like