Urge to drink is very strong

I am sitting in my car wanting to go to the convienent store and get a beer.

1 Like

Don’t. Why do you want to drink?

1 Like

I am frustrated

I am really trying to not go by the store.

I just did a post how I almost drink too yesterday. So I know how you feel. I was thinking about the discussion I had in my head yesterday. Maybe the same you have now

Drive away, its not worth it and it wont solve your problems

1 Like

Oh girl, you will be sooooo much more frustrated if you go get the booze. It’s a nasty trick your addiction is playing on you. Breathe, take a quick look at why you are frustrated, and remember that you can kill that stupid little demon! Get back in the house!

2 Likes

Just breath, the alcohol just is not worth the money, time and problems it brings. Step out and go for a walk, or close your eyes and envision your life so good without it, you look like an advertisement for a vacation to your fav destination. Just anything other than the devils juice. I care If anybody else does not! Please stay strong and remain sober.

1 Like

Yes this back and forth in my head is crazy.

How are you now? The craving comes and goes eventually.

1 Like

Think about how you will feel tomorrow if you drink. Get through today :hearts::hearts:

2 Likes

I’m not really an AA fan, but the frase ‘one day at a time’ helps me. Also the idea of ‘this too shall pass’ helps during rough times. I for example kept that in mind when I broke up with my ex. Its the small things that keep me on track. Cuddle with my dog, write, or just stay in bed as long as I want.

3 Likes

Maybe listen to some podcasts or try a meeting. I don’t go to meetings but I do know the power that hearing others stories has for me. Makes me think really hard about how terrible it would be if I lapsed.

You all are right it is not worth it. I did however pass the store and went to my office. I am actually feeling the urge leave.

4 Likes

Those urges are so darn strong. Fight with everything you have, and add one more day of sobriety

1 Like

Beware of HALT! Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Try to eat 2-3 meals stay away from things that make you angry, don’t be alone, and sleep when tired. Don’t mind F yourself by parking in the parking lot of the liquor store.

3 Likes

Good to hear you passed it. Hope youre doing okay.

1 Like

This is my Hell right now(I am 19 hours in).