Urine screeen

Does anyone have tips on this topic? I have issues with anxiety and “shy bladder” I struggle with providing a sample in a Timely manner. Any help is appreciated

Honestly, for me. Just took practice. I use to be shy when someone had to watch me pee in a cup. Now, I’m like w.e. do your job lol.

Like c-sun shared. Drink water before going so that you have to pee by the time you get there. She explained why not too too much also.
Maybe also have them turn the faucet on, sometimes hearing water can help too…

2 Likes

Thanks guys. It’s not my first time in rehab but it’s been a struggle alot of times to screen. I think with my anxiety I tend to overthink everything too and I get too tense. I need to work on relaxation techniques as well I think. It’s just another worthwhile obstacle that I can and will conquer in the name of my sobriety.

I chug a liter of water and am good to go in like 20 minutes. Aside from that, hold it until you feel like your kidneys are about to pop

1 Like

Green tea always does it for me

1 Like

I was always told and given a paper after many dilutes because i work outside in 90 degree heat id drink 32oz gaterade and always diluted. It says to only drink 8oz an hour prior to the screen. After i followed that i passed everytime. Another trick i learned was to take slow deep breathes. Close your eyes if u have to. Just relax . It will get easier. I was horrible at first and got it down within 5 mins or less.

2 Likes