(Very) simple pleasures of life

What are the very simple things that make you smile or grin?

One I realized today: shaving a 6-day beard/stubble with a brand new razor. Awesome feeling.

9 Likes

Waking up still sober today.

13 Likes

Getting a treat with my 13 year old

4 Likes

Sunny day, sober, with all my girls in the same house. Not doing anything together, just all in the same place.:grin:

10 Likes

Sitting on my porch and listening to the rain.

Smelling that salty wet marsh air that envelopes me as I get near a beach.

Hearing my little boys’ laughter.

13 Likes

Not shaving…lol…but seriously, finding peace at the end of the day, no matter what happened.

9 Likes

The smell of freshly brewed coffee, the quietness in the morning, the smiling faces on my kids when I pick them up from school, laying my head down after a hard days work.

19 Likes

The smell of my home when Ive been gone!!! My children happy, petting my soft puppy. The warmth of the sun.

5 Likes

Getting home from anywhere. Waking up before everyone else and starting my fireplace- enjoying the peace and quiet sober and hangover free. First sip of my morning tea. Putting my kids to bed happy and healthy. A cool and sunny morning.

12 Likes

Getting to share with my wifes family members that im in recovery last night. It became very obvious that we havent seen them in a while, like almost two years when i got this text from one of them:
“Hey buddy! Will we be seeing you tonight? I was asked to find out what kind of beer you like…”
It felt good to share some of my story with them. It also got my wife off the hook for looking like she was being antisocial with them. It was because of me that we really didnt socialize more in my last 21 months. Tried to make that simple but definitely a pleasure to see everyone.

14 Likes

Isn’t it funny how mornings are actually amazing now that drinking is out of our lives ?

14 Likes

Real, untamed laughter. Hearing it from my teenagers, especially if it results in giggles. If you have littles, embrace every giggle. Giggles become rare.

11 Likes

Keen observation indeed

2 Likes

Always that first morning coffee💞

5 Likes

Definitely :100:

2 Likes

This is such a great post, that’s awesome Jimmy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2 morning this bank holiday, haven’t had to get up. Out of bed 6.30 in the garden with the pup and a coffee.
In the past I’d have gone back to bed till mid morning.
So much better this way!:grinning:

5 Likes

When I am finally done with the day and any obligations, can climb into some comfortable clothes, and be in for the night.

Watching my dogs go about their day. Just watching their behaviors, arbitrary decision making, how they interact with one another, etc. Amusing.

Building something with my hands.

A clean house.

Breakfast.

The first day that its warm enough to drive with the windows down.

The serenity of the early morning.

11 Likes

I agree with Ashley & Lea… mornings are the best! It’s such a great feeling to be awake (and not hungover) and enjoying the peace & quiet of your house while your family slumbers away! A big bonus is when the weather is awesome (like today) and i can enjoy my coffee out on the deck.

10 Likes

Awesome observation about your dogs!

1 Like