Veterans in recovery

Alot of Vet’s are overdosing dying, need more sites like this,and alot of people don’t know about these sites…

5 Likes

We, or atleast I did, lived in a culture of drink today…for who knows what tomorrow beings. I carried that party mentality with me long after the service. Welcome!

4 Likes

Thank you brother, I was in the marine corps for 4 years, I get what you’re saying there…it’s like retraining my way of coping,

1 Like

100% correct. Putting down the booze was only the first step. I had to relearn how to have fun, how to celebrate, how to be bored, mourn, ect.

6 Likes

Your right Granpa they need help. Its tough sometimes doing it on your own.

@grandpa just checking on ya. Hows it going?

I feel this so hard, I am vet in recovery. I was alone for so long and I thought that I was going to let the darkness swollow me hole. I have lost two battle buddies in the past couple of years to suicide and addiction…it makes me so sad there was no help out there for them.

3 Likes

Hi! It is sad and it hurts. Today, instead of trying to numb the pain with booze, I use Sobriety to help me be the best person I can be. For me, i decided to live for then

1 Like

@grandpa as a Veteran myself, I totally agree! This would have been a great tool during my 30 day inpatient treatment at our VA!

1 Like

I agree resources for veterans is slim,

On top of that the mentality, I mean it has improved over the years but I’m of the time when you didn’t go for mental health treatment if you did you were weak.

It was your job to suck it up and drive on with the airborne mission, a guy in one of my AA groups said it best, Rangers dont get sick, Rangers dont die, Rangers dont get mental health problems.

Till you do, and years and years of ignoring it exacerbates it more

1 Like