Views on fake alcohol?

I see many people have many different opinions about this subject…
FOR ME, personally, I don’t drink non alcoholic drinks… It’s just a tease really. And made me crave the real thing even more…

3 Likes

I drank beer and wine for both the taste and the effect. I also don’t think I’m an alcoholic or a fake alcoholic. I have a problem with drink…I like the taste and the effect too much so I drink too much. At least non alcoholic drinks gives me the taste without the effect…or the hangover and self loathing :grin:

3 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: we call it cordial

That is great with your first weekend for alcohol free. I think you really have to get in tune with your body health. Take steps to inquire about your health. For me, i started focusing on just the little bottles of alcohol when i want to drink. Do you, and enjoy yourself. Congratulations!

By little bottles i mean the really tiny ones that are like a shot. And say thats enough for me when your satisfied. Be happy!

Posh people drink cordial… :slight_smile: i drink simple squah

2 Likes

Squash. Like mash?

I bought some Presidents Choice Radlers…mix of beer and lemonade…no alcohol…but delicious. Just for when I feel like something other than water or pop. :slight_smile: if you’re in Canada…they’re at fortinos…no frills etc…Loblaws companies. Other plus…5 bucks for 12 cans! Its lasted me months…

1 Like

Ha ha, no its Orange concentrate/cordial/squash/diluting juice I’m sure there’s other names for it.

1 Like

I’ve not seen that…I will totally try it.

1 Like

Mash is what we call mashed potatoes :joy:

1 Like

Most NA beer I’ve heard of has small amounts of alcohol. Sobriety, to me, is complete absence from all substances. When cravings hit, I call my sponsor, attend a meeting, read the big book, or meditate.

2 Likes

You make some good points. i decided to stay away from any NA beers wines etc. I dont trust myself to keep sober otherwise.But we all have our ways of managing our sobriety.

1 Like

Just realized that I am still “hooked” on nicotine and caffeine. Oh well, one vice at a time…

OK. If you mash potatoes you have mash. If you mash fruit you have squash?

1 Like

I tried drinking mocktails but they made me want the real thing.

2 Likes

Squah is more consentrated version of cordial :slight_smile:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. Yup, mash potato.

1 Like

If you mash fruit you have a smoothie…or jam if you add sugar…:joy:

1 Like

And then there is the Monster Mash

2 Likes