Vivitrol Shots?

My PO has offered vivitrol shots for me and of course my dope fein addict mind initially said no and I was driving to my meeting asking myself why I said no and of course it’s only one reason but to be able to have the opportunity to get high off opiates. So I decided to say yes, now I am asking about them from people who have taken them before. I have an autoimmune disease and I just want to make sure medically there are no side effects and how you felt on the shots if you did them.
I’m looking into it myself researching about it but any first hand experience would be really amazing.
Thank you,
Daniel

1 Like

If nobody wants to share this on the forum posting please private message me and I will keep it confidential.
Desperate for any information first hand experience wise.
Thank you

Thank you. I will check out the search bar.

Only side affect is your ass may be sore a couple days. Everyone that i know has taken it has worked wonders for with no withdrawls you can discontinue whenever. It would probably be a great idea!

2 Likes

I was on it for 7 months. I loved it. I will share more when I’m up for the day

1 Like

That’s fine lol. I am going to start to take them or try to. Reading into them it was the shot hurting the muscle and possible headaches. I was more worried about the headaches.

Thank you for your personal experience

Thank you any personal experience would be helpful

I didn’t have any headaches when I took it

1 Like

Awesome. Yeah I’m in contact with my PO right now to get on them

Late addition to this topic, but oh well. I was started on Vivitrol in rehab and have continued getting it once a month. For me it serves two purposes. First, it helps reduce cravings really good. Second, it is a mental win as well. Knowing where I’ve been and also knowing that even if I took something I wouldn’t feel it anyway makes me want to stay clean even more. Some people in my meetings think taking medication to help you stay clean isn’t really being clean. I respond why in the world would you refuse something to ensure you stay clean? Vivitrol isn’t a cure all, but it sure has helped many, many people stay clean.

1 Like

Every time I read your post I keep saying wunderbar! Lol. The limited German I know from my grandmother I know that word lol.

You’re the first person I have seen here to make the connection. I speak very little German since I have not used it since I left Germany in 1991.

1 Like

Haha well I feel honored and my grandmother would be proud then haha.
Wunderbar!

I’m on naltrexone which is pretty much the pill form taken daily, my therapist offered me the shot to which I said no I’m fine taking a pill everyday. The only draw back I’ve heard of is if you’re in an accident you have to let them know because pain meds won’t work as well. Perhaps the shot doesn’t have that side effect but I know the pill does. The pill works and cuts cravings and if I do relapse I know I won’t gain the pleasure from drinking.

1 Like