Wait, When You’re Sober You Actually Accomplish Things!?

Not even just accomplish things, accomplish ALL THE THINGS. From biking instead of driving, to scrubbing the floor, to helping my girlfriend move, to working out every day, to taking the garbage out before it’s overflowing, to cooking real meals again, to going on camping trips, to reading multiple books at a time, to having a fridge full of healthy food, to having the awareness and mental space to take a moment and appreciate all of the sweet things that fill each day…I could go on and on.

The kicker being, accomplishing all of the things AND being excited and happy to do them all. Grateful to do them all.

It’s amazing how getting rid of one thing welcomes an endless list of joyous, helpful, healthy, growth-enhancing possibilities. Thank you sobriety.

33 Likes

It’s an amazing life when you have energy, motivation, and appreciation of all that’s around you. Sobriety rocks!

6 Likes

Thank you for such a positive post!!! Heck yeah, sobriety is AMAZING!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Its only been just about a week and I am already feelin this post :blush::heart::+1:

4 Likes

Another strange thing I have noticed is that I appreciate food again…like I actually take the time to taste it and enjoy it…not just to cure a hangover. Its awesome

7 Likes

Thank you…i so needed to hear this…only on day 6 so i need all positive messages and experiences to remind myself why is it good to be sober!!:v::v::pray::pray:

7 Likes

![ Kaizen-1

3 Likes

I get so much more done when I’m sober! I also find I don’t dread the boring stuff as much and that I enjoy the fun stuff a lot more. I definitely love the accomplished feeling at the end of a sober day.

7 Likes

I was just talking about this on the Zoom yesterday, I am literally doing everything I have wanted to do for years! Keep enjoying it!

1 Like

Yes! My fiancé is two weeks sober and I am at one week and we have accomplished more around the house in the last 3 hours than we have in the last three months! Amazing. Let’s all keep it up!!

5 Likes

Thank you for posting this!! Made my day

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this positive post! I love it! Sobriety really is so powerful and transformative :star_struck: How amazing is to live a meaningful life!

1 Like

I hit the 3 week mark today. I can’t believe the energy I have, and have signed up for aerial yoga classes, dance classes, and pottery classes. I can’t wait to find out what I love outside of alcohol and have the time and energy and motivation to devote myself to it. Still struggling but SO hopeful! :black_heart:

5 Likes