Waking up, it's a morning thing

Don’t know about you but I never know which me is going to wake up. Today I’m feeling pretty good about life, gonna go to the community centre and try to find a new club /hobby. How do you feel this morning, do you have a goal or is it just a case of getting through this one.

12 Likes

Felt like a just get through this one. Turned into a not so bad one. Every morning is like a lucky draw, never know!

3 Likes

It’s morning?

2 Likes

yeah well some of us do sleep. :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Lucky you. 7 hours.
Cor I can only dream of that amount.
If I could only stay asleep long enough! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Great to see the turn around.
Early morning is when we can make the choice. I’ve learnt that the mood we wake up in doesn’t have to be the one we carry through the day with us.

3 Likes

I’m soooooo tired and groggy. But hanging in there. Your morning head sounds pretty amazing. I love it. Hehe

What hobby do you think you’ll look into?

3 Likes

Waking up to day 8. Feel good. Just thinking of enjoying today without a drink.

3 Likes

I love the feeling of waking up and realizing that I am still sober.

3 Likes

My morning wakeup routine: 4am alarm goes off. Immediately get out of bed, kneel and say a morning prayer. Then I make my side of the bed, which only takes a second, as I am not a restless sleeper. Then I make a cup of coffee. I read a scripture devotional, then read whatever book I’m working on. At 5am, I head to my garage dojo for a workout. 6:15, get cleaned up and ready to work. Out the door by 7:30, or at my desk.

Feels good knowing how much I have accomplished, while most are still sleeping. These first few hours are for me. I commune with my Lord, exercise both brain and body. I can spend the next 8-9 hours focused on others. I’ve already seen to my needs.

7 Likes

My kids wake me up around 6:30 :roll_eyes::sweat: when I’d really like to sleep till 7 or 7:30. Right now I am needing sleep… not even a month sober yet so sleep is important so I try to be in bed by 9 and my fitbit tells me by 930 time for lights out.

2 Likes

I’ve been slowly setting myself up. I need a nice little routine like yours. I actually feel pretty damn good every day I wake up. I can only think of 1 or 2 days where I felt down but caught myself. I shall l think about this through out the day.

1 Like

don’t know and I’ve been and can’t find anything at the moment. I would like to do meditation classes and then something a bit more active. l would love to do boxing but for fitness only not getting hit in the face. :joy:

2 Likes

I feel that way still…

Boxing or some type of martial art would be amazing!

1 Like

That’s what I do. I built a fight gym in my garage for morning training and take classes almost every night. That’s my main sober tool.

1 Like

I clean the apartment in the early morning hours. I also get the kids stuff ready for the babysitter. Then it’s time to get my stuff ready for work. I’m usually up for good before 6-630, but don’t have any coffee until I get to work.

3 Likes

Ten PM or so.

Wicked.

I like to lift heavy things and my arms prove it. I used to belly dance for years until my hip went funny on me so I haven’t gone back to that.

Thinking some type of martial art should be on my next checklist.

1 Like

I get up at the same time on weekends, but do grab a nap on Saturdays and Sundays.