Wanna share this positive feeling while I got it!

Morning all! I just wanted to share this good thing that’s just had me punching the air whilst on the telephone. It has been nearly 2 years since the start of my journey, with one relapse sadly but progress not perfection hey :woman_shrugging:t3:LOL. I have been coughing quite a lot lately, not Covid! I’ve done a test and I feel quite well other than this bloody cough. I’ve had it for years since 2005 when mum died. They have attributed it to stress and anxiety. And maybe my asthma :woman_shrugging:t3: Any who, rang the doctors this morning to see if I could possibly get on an antacid tablet as I’ve had heartburn badly for two days and my cough is through the roof. So I was possibly thinking that maybe there is a bit of acid involved in the cough?? Dr talked me through all the normal questions over the telephone. Now here is the best bit…:slight_smile: He asked me how much alcohol I drank! First time in two freaking years that anybody has asked me that question :astonished: OH MY DAYS DID IT FEEL GOOD TO ANSWER THAT!!! :hugs::star_struck: no doctor! Not one bit of alcohol has gone into my body in 19.89 months!!! Whoop! Now that hasn’t just half reinforced my sobriety guys! :boom: Fuck booze! We can do this guys! Thanks for listening (if you got this far​:rofl:) love you all! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

23 Likes

That’s awesome Sarah, really awesome

1 Like

Oh my God. This is wonderful. Made me smile too. Amazing :hugs:

1 Like

That must have felt great!

1 Like

Love this, LOVE THIS! I remember lying to my doctor so many times. “Um, sometimes a sixpack over the weekend” when it was actually a sixpack every day, often a sixpack in the morning and a sixpack that night. Now I’m 593 days totally alcohol free. Thanks for my first smile of the day, Sarah!

3 Likes

:star: AMAZING!!:star: What an incredible feeling. :blush:

1 Like

That’s amazing!!

1 Like

What a great feeling that is. So happy for you!!

1 Like

Thanks guys!! It was the best feeling ever! I often used to drive by a police car and think, “go on…stop me!” Lol crazy really but it was definitely the good feel I needed after a hard weekend :raised_hands:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like