Want to be sober but weed help me with me ADD

I’m trying once again to get sober from alcohol and coke. I did too many bad things using both substances but I don’t think the same about weed, it actually helps me to calm down when I’m too exited. I need opinions from you, should I stop smoking weed also?

I wouldn’t recommend you to partake in any illegal activities such as smoking weed. But it’s about altering your mind. I would definitely see just smoking weed as a plus but also I would caution you that you are still “using”. Find yourself some support and accountability. Find your strength in becoming sober and staying sober with positive relationships. Let people around you, people close to you know where you’re really at with your struggle. Ask for help, we all need help we cannot live this life sober by ourselves. I go to God for my help man. But I would definitely encourage you to get yourself acquainted with positive people and positive relationships and build your life upon positivity and perserverence. My prayer for you is that you can take a hold of your worthiness and you’re worthy of living a sober, stress free life. Free from anxiety as well. My prayers go out to you.

2 Likes

If it weren’t for weed I would be a mess, I have insomnia and terrible anxiety, I only use weed for sleep, I use Kratom for my anxiety and opiate withdrawls, if you use it as a tool and don’t get out of hand with it, I don’t see a problem with it.

4 Likes

I really don’t either but it just when it becomes the priority in someone’s life it is still a form of bondage. I believe that it does help millions of people around the world. But it is also a substance that is highly abused. I used to wake up every single day and hafto have a gravity to even get my day started. Did it like that for over 10 years. Spent tens of thousands of dollars on it that could’ve went to something with much more value.

3 Likes

That’s true I don’t doubt that, but I also believe from experience that quitting pot is absolutely nothing compared to quitting harder substances, no doubt in my mind that pot is a drug, but there is also foods that we eat on a daily basis that contain compoundsalso found in marijuana(myrcene for example, a terpene) , which is why the theory of lesser withdrawl symptoms if any

2 Likes

Thanks mate! By now weed is just helping me out with other stuff. I’m using it only with a purpose not like the old times that I smoked as a chimney. Noe is just to relax and listen to music. It helps me a lot to stay home safe. I’m thinking about quiting but for now is helping me out to this hard withdrawal. Thanks for your words and time.

2 Likes

That sounds like a step by step plan to get to an ultimate goal which is what?

Stay fully sober, my worst enemy is alcohol, then is coke. Weed was always there but ir has never been a problem to my life. Weed do not change my personality

I have been clean and sober of of everything for over 100 days but I am still a very big marijuana advocate I believe it’s do a lot to help people as far as emotional psychological and physical ailments but I do believe in the legalization of it and it should be supervised by a doctor and you should always keep a journal to show you exactly how much are using what strain and what the effects are so that you and your doctor both know the effects that it has on you some people it does great for other people it doesn’t if you think it’s a good fit for you talk to your doctor about it but if you are not in a legalized state unfortunately I would say stay away because until it is legalized they can still hit you with Hefty fines and jail time

3 Likes

Thanks Patricia, is not legal around here bit we are not very far to make it legal.

I agree that cannabis is quite helpful in moderation (key word)! In California it’s legal and for me a much better choice than alcohol or antidepressants. But I always used it moderately, while drinking heavily. I’m on day 4 without booze, and actually smoking less weed too. My doctor calls it “harm reduction”, but moderation is essential. Anything can be abused, and some people probably can’t control their weed consumption either.

2 Likes

I Agree with you, I never lose control on pot consumption. I only smoke a couple of drags per day. I probably never quit it. I don’t know if it’s ok yo say that here. I know there’s people who can’t control it. It’s all about using it only with a purpose.

1 Like