Want to cave soooo bad

I am 22 days sober from smoking weed today. I want to smoke sooooooo bad. I’m not having as bad of physical cravings as the first week, but I miss the feeling of being high SO bad. I’ve never been much of a drinker either, but I have started to crave drinking to have the feeling again. please help

2 Likes

Find some sort of activity or project to distract yourself. Cravings are tough to fight but don’t give in, it gets easier.

3 Likes

You need to make changes in your life that will allow you to stand being sober. Make your life such that you don’t want to or need to escape from it. It won’t always be rosy, but all ppl in long time recogery find a balance that’ll allow them to value sobriety and the feeling or clarity and being themselves over escape and mind-alteration. That’s the trick.

Change people places and things that make you wanna smoke and drink.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I’ve said this myself. But I was wrong to admit that. By believing such a statement, I was actually placing value on my DOC, a lot of value. I really thought that my DOC really made me feel good and high. But my brainwashed mind was being tricked. The Truth is my DOC has no value. It’s has no benefit. It’s completely worthless.

The addiction doesn’t relieve things like stress, anxiety, boredom. In fact, it creates them. Once the dopamine wears off, I’m left in a void feeling more stressed, anxious, bored, irritable, craving, obsessing. The dopamine doesn’t create real pleasure. It just makes me want more. The only pleasure I receive is the pleasure of relieving the cravings that were caused by the addiction to begin with.

That’s not pleasure.
It’s a lie; an illusion; a miserable existence.

Congratulations on 22 days. Keep it up!

7 Likes

thank you so much for this insight. i’ve heard a lot of similar things but this was really eye opening. again, thank you

1 Like