Wanted to drink but didn't

Had a terrible day at work and really wanted to drink. I resisted knowing I feel better and more clear headed when I’m not hung over. I have an interview for a better position next week and I really want it to get away from my toxic supervisor. I’m going to take this weekend to study interview questions and prepare myself to be the best I can be. If I don’t get it at least I know I didn’t half ass it and throw it away by drinking my feelings.

12 Likes

Good job. It’s great when those victories keep piling up. It makes us stronger.
Congratulations another ODAAT
:pray:t2::heart:

Awesome self control! And you seem focused on positive change - that’s great. How many days are you?

I’ve gone 4 years in the past, but thought I could drink again. Realizing I’m better without and it’s creeping up to too much again. Only 3 days so far. Went for a long stretch when I signed up for this app, but was feeling good so I drank again. It’s hardest for me in social situations, honestly. Seems like everything revolves around drinking. I don’t prefer AA because of the God stuff, so I do it on my own. Considering getting a therapist soon.

2 Likes

Yay! Another acconplishment! Try to find some sober friends.

One thing ive learned its hard to do it alone, just find what works for u and keep on working it. AA Isnt for everyone, just dont drink a friend of mine told me once.:grinning: you deserve the best just keep on working towards the better position.

Congrats on resisting the temptation!