Wanted to drink

Didnt sleep drove to the beach still want to drink lol

25 Likes

Nope, not today. You’re stronger than it.
Meditate on being alive without it there at the beach.
It’s so hard but I promise you it’ll get easier.
:hugs:

7 Likes

Beautiful pic. Now get some rest and no drinking. You’ll feel bad when you wake.

3 Likes

I love the beach! I find it one of the most relaxing places on earth. Take this moment to do some deep breathing & positive self talk! Good Luck! You got this!

2 Likes

Right there with you ! Let’s champion eachother to make it through the day !

3 Likes

Dig deep and remember why you gave it up. Check out your list of reasons. Sassy has one here (scroll down a bit):

Take care, reach out, join a meeting if you need some company, and get what you need.

Usually when we feel the impulse to use it’s because of HALT:
Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

If you take time to care for yourself, for those things, it helps :innocent:

What a beautiful day! Thanks for sharing the pic

2 Likes

I believe in you!!! Please don’t do it to yourself. I know you’ll regret it. I understand how overwhelming the feeling to pick up can be. The disease lies. It needs you to drink. You are worth so much more that this fucking illness. I’ve read your posts and the caring advise you have given others. You have a beautiful soul and you deserve to be happy. Nothing good will come from drinking. To be honest it might be fun or give you immediate relief but to what end? Eventually it would turn on you just like it has before. I’m genuinely scared for you right now. You have shared my heartaches and victories with me this last 60 days and I look for you everytime I get on here. We need and want you to be here so if for nothing else do it for us. I for one don’t want to see you in pain. This too shall pass! I know in my heart I have another drunk in me. I also know I probably don’t have another recovery. I choose to live today. Please make the same choice. :heart:

4 Likes

4 Likes

reminds me of that i dunno if they drew it

4 Likes

Well 5 hours away for the pretty one lol

1 Like

Im going to drive back tomorrow

2 Likes

:sob: going to sleep tonight

3 Likes

Well the drive benefits is. That’s a great photo. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I have a family member on hospice. Thats not even why i wanna drink thats just the excuse to. Bur it sucks to feel all these things. Feels like im starting to wake up.

2 Likes

I dunno why this happened but im in a cheap hotel room the walls are paper thin. Theres a bunch if young sounding drunk guys next to me that woke me up at 4am. Talking about driving somewhere an i dont even know… They should not be driving yall.

3 Likes

Oh man that sucks! God it’s frustrating. Suddenly a 5 hr drive isn’t sounding so bad. :innocent:

Take care. Stay safe. You’re ok. You’re safe. Take a shower to kill time :smile: Got an audiobook you can listen to?

I like these meditations when I have time to listen:
www.insighttimer.com

Take care :innocent:

2 Likes

My mom instinct is to tell you to be safe and double lock that door!
It’s kind of a reminder of what drinking does too, absolutely nothing good.
Please let us know when you’re home safe.

3 Likes

Emotions in recovery. We’ve been burying them for years under the numbness of our addictions. When we sober up, they come up to the surface. It’s the same emotions everyone goes through in life, it’s just we’ve been repressing ours for so long, early recovery is an up and down time.

Keep your spirits with you and don’t lose hope. You’re feeling feelings the way we’re all designed to do; you have everything you need mentally and emotionally to work through it safely.

It’s good to have company through this: it sucks to feel alone (which can be a part of people relapsing - feeling alone). This is one of the reasons why meetings are helpful for so many people: it’s a chance to connect and communicate and be understood. Also, many programs teach us how to process emotions in constructive ways - which helps us build our sober living skill set. :innocent:

Take care & never give up. You’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. :smile:

2 Likes