Watching my timer

22 hours away from 6 weeks sober. If you had told me 7 weeks ago that I was going to kick my weed habit I would have said you’re dreaming. It took me years to finally realize I am stronger than my addiction. This isn’t the longest I’ve been weed free but it is the longest I’ve been sober. There was a period of time in my life where I thought I would party forever, but it didn’t take long for the party to go sour. I don’t want me having a good time to be dependent on substances, and it no longer is.
6 weeks is a relatively short period of time I know.

It was my faith in Jesus Christ that really pushed me in this direction and the power of the Holy Spirit that got me to where I am today. I’ve gotta give credit where credits due. The Lord shamed me and my selfish behavior (more than once) which was hard on my spirit. To know now though that I am moving forward instead of stagnant in drugs abuse feels great. My addiction is a blessing because if I wasn’t addicted, I wouldn’t be able to relate and have compassion for the other addicts in my life.

#Sober4life #PraiseGod

I am so proud to be a part of the sober community :heart::rainbow::heart::rainbow:

9 Likes

6 weeks is AMAZING! BE PROUD!