Water fasting (TW ED)

Is there any water fasters here ? I would definitely need a fasting buddy .
I’m doing this basically for a new healthy body , I got sick suffering with being overweight , not healthy , plus so many physical problems.
So , the thing is I’ve been practicing for a long water fast by doing many short fasts and I think now I’m ready to begin my way with no food for 30 days.
I finished my last meal today at 6:07 and started counting my fast.
Somewhere deep within me I believe that it is easy and great if you convinced your mind with that . Otherwise I will be tourching myself for NOTHING.
But still , I need to stay motivated , full with positivity and really strong.
If you have any advice for me , any nice words , any fasting experience, I will be glad to know !

2 Likes

Uhhhh,no food at all for 30 days,so it sounds like you’ll be starving your body to me,please explain details as I do not know.
Now if you wanted to eat colorful, low carb,low sugar I need help with that myself, let me know what this is about and how you feel.

1 Like

Hello dear ,
I’ve been afraid too before , but it doesn’t depend on my feelings only, it is something you should carefully read about .
I’ll try to put some links.

Yeah that’s insane sorry. I lost 140 pounds by improving my diet and moderate exercise

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s not insane , thanks for motivation though

Do you take vitamins during the fast?

1 Like

Hey there. I’m not sure that JUST water is a good idea since you still need nutrients. I have, however, done a juice fast in the past. That way you get the nutrients and vitamins but there is no “bulk” to digest. I did NOT make it for 30 days…I missed chewing too much. :slight_smile:

I’m no expert on the subject, but I have heard that water fasting is excellent for the body. I am a huge juicing fan and actually want to incorporate water fasting into my regime. Our health practices may sound weird to some people. But they either haven’t done the research or completed a course. Let them think what they want. I for one am rooting for you and looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Good luck xxx

1 Like

Taking vitamins and other nutritional items is probably fine on a juice fast because your body is using the nutrition from the juices for its sustenance, and therefore also the vitamins.
A Water Fast is much different.
The body makes many internal transitions and reaches a point where it is using its nutritional reserves for its sustenance.
It is not surviving on fat cells alone.
If you add anything to your intake besides water on a water only fast your body won’t make the internal transitions necessary to use its nutritional reserves for its sustenance.
When the body makes these transitions it will be gaining all the benefits of a water only fast, including cleansing, rebuilding and repairing.
Adding anything besides water will keep it on a level with juice fasting, where the body will be depending on its intake for its sustenance.
So if your taking vitamins, your body will be trying to survive on the vitamins alone. This constitutes a starvation diet.
On a starvation diet your body will be going into vital tissue for sustenance including muscle and organs.
The belief that you need to consume something for nutrition on a water only fast is a falsehood and I hope that the above helps to clarify that.

Also here is an outline of what you can expect on a water only fast.

1 Like

I don’t take anything but water , read the reply below please

Exactly , that’s why when I fast I never tell anyone I just do it … It’s very important listening to your body so you can start when you are ready and stop when needed.
Wish you all the luck too , I’ll try to keep my status updated , and thank you so much for your kindness

2 Likes

Let me know how it goes! I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile but can never make it past day 3! Fasting Talk is an excellent podcast if you need more motivation.

1 Like

Fasting is still a very controversial subject in need of more research. I’m not against it and from time to time enjoy intermittent fasting (18:6) but more up to date research is disproving the proclaimed benefits of fasting. It suggests that benefits of fasting come from eliminating bad food groups (processed, animal protein based and any cooked foods etc) rather than fasting itself. I’m a great advocate of a good diet, especially during early stages of recovery- especially first year. Alcohol and other drugs strips our vitamin resources or interact with processes, thus good diet is so important to utilize repair work. Take care of your bodies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you I’ll read those in depth,I feel less worried though reading that you know what your doing, and know to listen to your body.
That’s why i asked for info,it sounds crazy to me but I do not even know about it or you so how could I outright judge?

1 Like

HI yes just started my water fast

I number of years ago I read a book about the (unsubstantiated/unproven) benefits of water fasting. The author would water fast for a week every month and once a year for a month. During a fast, he would periodically pee in a glass. He would line up the glasses of pee on a window sill so he could see how the color of his urine changed over the course of the fast - dark yellow to colorless. He would take a picture of the glasses to document the results of his fast. Sober selfie idea?

I agree with @JustL. Based on my review of the literature, the Mediterranean diet - a high fiber, low fat, no added sugar with lots of fruits and vegatables - makes the most sense.

1 Like

FYI. Urine color is a factor of hydration not toxin release. https://health.ucsd.edu/news/features/Pages/2014-04-21-colors-that-suggest-urine-trouble.aspx

1 Like

So I did a water fast for an entire week before. I was so weak and tired by about day 4-5 I could hardly move! I DO NOT recommend this at all. (At least if you plan on continuing your every day life, work and such and not just sleeping all the time) Let alone 30 days!?? I believe in that first link it said 24 hrs to 3 days MAXIMUM is recommended. I’ll be shocked if you survived past day 5 honestly. So yeah…good luck!

1 Like