We do recover!

Hey guys! I’m new to this forum and I just wanted to give a short version of my testimony. My name is Alisha, I’m 27 years old and I was addicted to heroin for about 6 years. I’ve lost so much to drugs, so many friends, my boyfriend passed away in 2012 from bacterial meningitis and my mother in 2015 from an infection from IV drug use. This stuff is pure evil all it does is kills steals and destroys! I went to federal prison for distribution of heroin, got out in October 2017. It wasnt long before i was strung out again. But on easter sunday 2018 i rededicated my life to God and decided enough was enough! A week later i was in detox and am now in a faith recovery home. I give God all the glory! He broke the chains of addiction amd i can honestly say God is the only way! I start school in August for substance abuse counseling. They say the only way to keep it is to give it away and i cant wait to give back after i have taken so much! If there is anyone out there that is struggling or if you just meed a word of encouragement, ANYTHING i can do to help, i am here!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing part of your story. And welcome!