Weathering the hurricane

Just checking in. This is my share. I need a meeting in worst way. Having to weather this hurricane in Wilmington NC and could read use a meeting. I’m scared and that no lie. Lived here all my life, seven generations but the rain fall table had me worried. Money and lack of resources as a total in this town made it impossible for alot of locals to leave. Gas, supplies and major stalled traffic leave little options for a great deal of people who live paycheck to paycheck. I say all of this not for pity, but for prayers. I’m not alone when I say…many of us who choose to stay have no other options. Please pray for our safety and that this storm will pass, fall apart…whatever that will make allow us to get through this alive.

Just for today I stayed sober, thank goodness. Found myself eating like crazy but I’m sober. Thank you for letting me share.

12 Likes

Much love from the west coast. I have other friends there as well, just watching and waiting at this point.

Now more than ever is a good time to be sober. And may you be safe! :hugs: :heart:

2 Likes

My thoughts are with you and all of the people in the hurricane. Glad you are sober in this circumstances.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I’m thinking about you and praying hard today. May Florence keep losing strength and dry up! Let us know how you are when you can❤️.

1 Like

Prayers for my neighbor to the north…it is scary but you will get through this just keep your head up and know you have people out here hoping for the best for you. Stay strong and know you are not alone! I left because of the mandatory evacuation and it looks like it’s coming where I am but i will stay sober and so will you! God bless and He will shield you from harm. Please check in again after the worst of it!

2 Likes

Stay safe, thinking of you from the UK

2 Likes

We evacuated 2 days ago. I’m sending prayers your way for the best safety possible since you are staying. A lot of elderly people around really need help getting materials ready for when the power goes out.

Thinking of you all! Stay safe and keep us posted much love your way :heart: