Weekend hell

For years I bashed other ppl for using drugs of any kind. I was better then then and they were all dirt. I was not an addict of cocaine and alcohol because I only used on the weekends. I only used when I did not have my kids. And over the years I’m still that way. But now it’s not just a few bumps on the weekend but a few Balls. It’s not just a night out, it’s an all nighter. I’m certain that I will go to work on Monday and be back in reality… kinda. I will just be waiting for Friday. Waiting for my next day to become numb. I’m not only hurting myself and being unsafe. But my children have already lost there father to addiction. Why in the worldwould I even take that chance to hurt them again. It also does not help that I’m overweight and have bad back pains. I’m unable to stand or get around like I should. I would love to go to the gym but it hurts. That is one of my goals is to walk again. At least for ten min for now. Cortizone shots have not been working in next surgery and I can just hope after surgery that everything feels better. Im going to try my hardest to stay away from triggers. And find things to do. Do you have any ideas?

6 Likes

https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/

Meetings helped turn my life around. I wasn’t expecting it - I didn’t know what to expect; I didn’t even think of going until I really wanted to change - but when I did go they made a difference.

Take care :innocent:

3 Likes

Lots of reading and reach out before you decide to use then if you decide you still want to do it… then it is on you but all you need to do is show up and try but you have to want to do it

4 Likes

If you’re ready to commit to a life of sobriety, you have to be willing to make a lot of changes in your life. Start by deleting/blocking all phone numbers associated with dealers and friends that use. Change your routine. Plan your weekend ahead of time. Don’t go to any events/parties where there’s a chance people maybe doing coke or leave immediately when it’s presented. Sobriety is not easy but definitely worth it.

3 Likes

Yes I do! Very much so

Thank you so much! I will start my friend weeding tonight! And looking at meetings in my area!

3 Likes

Do you have any hobbies that helped you?

Any hobby that keeps you away from your DOC is helpful. I’ve started listening to other genres of music than my usual playlist & garden, clean the house, going for a walk.
Lots of people enjoy journaling which does help if you’re documenting your journey to sobriety, you can look back & say Nope, not doing that again!

I like to knit & crochet but have taken up cross-stitch recently which needs a lot of concentration, time & effort. Reading, cooking healthy meals. Literally do anything that keeps you from taking your drug of choice.

Pick one, if you enjoy it great, if you don’t pick another one. There’s so many ideas & things to choose from.

4 Likes

I walk, hike. Do lots of reading and writing. Watch movies I’ve been doing this crystal picture thing yeah I’m ready to chuck it across the room lol :joy: but it keeps my hands busy

3 Likes

Well done on taking the first step to sobriety and admitting you have a problem. This is a huge step and you should be very proud of yourself. Delete contacts and empty the house if all booze and coke. Have you read any of the quit lit books available. They are a great read. I cross stitched in the beginning @Lisa-B it really is a great way to keep your hands and mind busy :+1: now I draw and make stained glass. It was something I always wanted to learn and lockdowns gave me the perfect opportunity. Take it steady one step at a time. Coming here as often as you can helps a lot also. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Can try getting more involved in your community, you try any 12step programs? Reading and writing works good for me at times or getting out in nature enjoying the scenery. Big puzzles can occupy my time when i have nothing really going on anything i can do to not focus on myself and my use helps me, like helping others or volunteering my time.

1 Like

Can you swim or do some light aerobics in a pool? If you have the means you may be able to join a local pool or see if there is a physical therapy option that is in the water. I am
Sorry you are suffering and understand that you are using to help your pain. I think you should talk to your doctors to see how they can help support you where you have the added stress of medical conditions. I commend you for knowing you need to make a change and taking the first steps. I am just starting too, for the second time.

1 Like

Draw / color mandalas! Sounds silly, but they say it’s relaxing, which is true! And once you finish one, the results can be really cool!

3 Likes

Stained glass sounds like fun. I might look into it. I’d be interested in seeing what you make if you’re ok with that.

I’ve put a few pieces on the show the artist within thread. It’s a super hobby. It’s called copper foil stained glass, I learnt it from YouTube :raised_hands:t2: Here are a few bits I’ve done….

2 Likes

Wow they’re beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love these! OMG, the elephant!

1 Like

Thanks guys, I love making them :relaxed::two_hearts::pray:t2:

I will have to look into more of that . Thank you