Weekend is here

Weekends are so hard , today marks once again 5 days sober , weekends always ruin it for me . I dont want to give up anymore , Im just sitting here thinking " how boring will today be without alcohol" & I know thats not me , thats the alcoholic in me talking . Idk what to do , how do i overcome this feeling . I just want to be the woman i used to be before alcohol took over , I never needed alcohol to get through my weekends , i rarely ever even had a drink at all. This is so hard , but im trying so hard to stay strong , this is also my first week in this group .

1 Like

Welcome! Congrats on your 5 days!!

I would suggest getting out, everyone says this but it really helps me to go for a walk! Drive somewhere beautiful, or go around the neighborhood. Be present while walking listen, smell, touch, actually look:) this world is amazing!

Maybe go get some stuff for a nice dinner? Do you like cooking?

What is self care to you? Bubble bath? Cake? Naps? Reading? Watching movies? Listen to sobriety memoirs? Do whatever feels like what you need.

One thing that is BIG for me is also being okay doing nothing. I mean nothing. Some days I just wrap up in a blanket and lay there in silence. Some days I’m too tired to TRY. Those were the days I drank. Because I wanted to just do nothing and not feel guilty.

Anyhoo, hang in there! Hope this helps a little:) you got this.

PS sober weekend mornings are the BEST!!!

3 Likes

thank you!! I do love cooking , thought about going to buy some items and cook a nice dinner , im more scared of afternoons , usually thats when i would start drinking - right now in my head i feel like no matter what i do it wont be “fun” if im not drunk. I did love feeling so good this morning with no hangover & last night while going to bed sober i did feel happy , to know i havent gave up yet.

This trap thinking that get so many people. We have done so many things in the past that were fun, but drinking was always involved, so our natural inclination is that alcohol was the common denominator. But the truth is, the common denominator is us. We are the reason why we have fun, not alcohol.

It takes time. My first few months of sobriety, I was a hermit. I stayed home. I didn’t really go out and do anything “fun”, but nor was I bored. Borem is a choice! I cleaned my closet, room, and that led to bigger projects. Not exactly titillating, but it kept me occupied. Only good things came from it.

After a few months, I was able to start doing more social activities. I haven’t been bored or done anything boring, because bordem is a choice after all.

:blush:

1 Like