Weekend temptations

Gosh this weekend was hard. I usually watch F1 and drink. Was very lucky my wife was here. 8days n strong. Any one else had some weekend struggles

3 Likes

I think most people who were able get to work mon-fri probably have a harder time on the weekends.

I drank every night, but i reeeeaaaallly drank on the weekends. So my first weekend was crazy hard, but i felt like once i made that big hurdle i knew i could do it.

Days off are rough. Only way i made it thru in rhe beginning was an insanely long lest of chores, scratch cooking every meal, lots of reading…and living on here…it gets better.

1 Like

Keeping busy really does help. I did a lot of gardening n stayed away from my drinking buddies. For the first time I feel I can make it thx to this app n stories.

Friday’s and Saturday’s are worst days for temptation for me. Probably because days off were favorite drinking days. I can say it gets easier the more sober weekends I string together.

1 Like

Weekends can be particularly tough, for me I had to replan my whole weekend, starting from Friday night it’s now alot easier that I have been doing it for a few months now, I’m not ready for spontaneous stuff yet, I go a little crazy if anyone derails my plans, it’s keeping me sober

The weekends are tough. Especially if you’re out with drinking friends. I’ve purposely not planned any nights out for the foreseeable to avoid the temptation. Although the last time I went out to a club, what I saw being sober was enough to put me off for now. It’s amazing how differently you see things when not under the influence of alcohol.

1 Like

Congratulations making it through your first weekend!! I feel like that urge to destroy myself the first few weekends was pretty strong, especially because I was definitely feeling like crap. I agree with everyone here…stay busy. Even if you feel too crappy to DO anything…see if maybe one of your best buds will have a movie marathon with you. Or go to the movies and your fav meal. Take lots of naps, I went and got chair massages once a day that fri, sat, sun bc my body ached and took long baths. Idk that that would be YOUR particular thing haha…but do the things that make you feel good on the inside. It definitely does get better. I’m really proud of you for this milestone…keep fighting!

1 Like

Congrats! It gets easier with each weekly cycle. I remember feeling this sense that something was missing, or I was supposed to be doing something (drinking) and I’d feel anxiety over it, pacing back and forth for what felt like all day.
That faded eventually. Keep it up, it’s worth it!

1 Like

It will fade. Damn I’m on 15days now. The fight is real but I keep looking at my list of reasons to keep me pushing. Weekends are the real struggle.

1 Like