Weekends are my trigger

5 days sober. Want to drink like crazy. I know that the weekends are my trigger, but if I start now I’ll drink all of next week. Keeping it one day at a time!

7 Likes

Stay strong. Eventually, Fridays and Saturdays will be just like any other day.

5 Likes

Stay Strong @Sirhunks!

@Sirhunks the best thing about not drinking at the weekend is that you actually get a weekend. I would spend most of it either drinking, drunk or hungover. I have so much more time now. Keep going :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I made it to my nineth day today. Weekends (although I drank all days) are a huge trigger when I am trying staying sober. This time I talked to myself during the day, reminded why I want to be sober and made a plan. Like last night I stayed by my sister because I knew I wouldn’t drink. Now tonight I am on a high from sticking to my plan and should be fine at home after a sober day and night of enjoying my weekend (which is always productive when I’m sober) instead of waiting for the first minute i can be alone to get that buzz and pass out. You got this!!

3 Likes

Finally Fridays are just Fridays, not my springboard into a drunk, sick weekend. I do things on Saturday morning that would have taken me all weekend to do. Weekends are hard, but I promise after you do a few in a row, the urge to drink will be just a memory.

3 Likes

Liberally the only thing that is stopping me from drinking is my girlfriend. We are both SUPER bored today. She is in a program and can’t drink. I am an alcoholic and shouldn’t drink. Im 16 days sober. If I were by myself today i would already be half drunk planning another trip to the liquor store.

2 Likes

ODAAT for sure. You can do it! Have plans – stuff to do. Keep active in things that are productive, make you happy, or both.